+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Has Aarti Party been cancelled? It wasn't on today. Can't find it in TV Guide online nor my DVR listings. No word about it on Food Networks site anywhere past Sept. 26.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen,

Usually the new season of the winner is only 6 episodes - at least, that's how it was in the past.
    I've never watched her show, but I did see a promo for a new show on desserts with some new food woman that will be debuting in that time slot sometime in October.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4075969;
    Has Aarti Party been cancelled? It wasn't on today. Can't find it in TV Guide online nor my DVR listings. No word about it on Food Networks site anywhere past Sept. 26.
    Aarti Party has already been renewed for a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4076248;
    Aarti Party has already been renewed for a second season.
    Any idea as to when Season Two begins?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Anybody watching Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible? Irvine has two days and $10,000 to make over a restaurant (interior, menu, management, etc.). Pretty much a low budget Kitchen Nightmares.

In the first episode, I though the designers did a horrible job with the makeover. In their defense, having to do all the work themselves (with some help from the restaurant staff) and only having $10K to spend are some pretty big obstacles.

I thought the designer in the 2nd episode did a much better job - and she only had $7K to work with because the restaurant's pantry was empty so Irvine took $3K to stock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4169158;
    Anybody watching Robert Irvine's Restaurant Impossible? Irvine has two days and $10,000 to make over a restaurant (interior, menu, management, etc.). Pretty much a low budget Kitchen Nightmares.

In the first episode, I though the designers did a horrible job with the makeover. In their defense, having to do all the work themselves (with some help from the restaurant staff) and only having $10K to spend are some pretty big obstacles.

I thought the designer in the 2nd episode did a much better job - and she only had $7K to work with because the restaurant's pantry was empty so Irvine took $3K to stock it.
    We watched it this week (I recorded the first episode but never got around to watching it). I thought of it as a "kinder gentler Kitchen Nightmares"...I thought Irvine would get much madder than he did.

It was interesting to watch the redecorating...I loved the idea with the maps on the tables and was glad they came up with a solution for the old carpet.

And I really liked his menu. We can do some of those dishes here :-)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4169260;
    We watched it this week (I recorded the first episode but never got around to watching it). I thought of it as a "kinder gentler Kitchen Nightmares"...I thought Irvine would get much madder than he did.

It was interesting to watch the redecorating...I loved the idea with the maps on the tables and was glad they came up with a solution for the old carpet.

I liked the maps on the bar table too. This restaurant must have been a lot smaller than the first one. In the first episode, the designers said they couldn't afford to put wood on the floor and went with carpet tiles.

I wish these shows would do follow ups. These episodes were filmed last summer. When they don't do a follow up, I assume things still aren't going well. Even if the successful turnaround rate was only 1 out of 4, I'd still consider that very successful for a 2-day intervention.

Some of the recipes from this show are on the FoodNetwork site. In the first episode, the three recipes highlighted were from the menu of Irvine's own restaurant.

Worst Cooks in America

A lawyer who calls himself "Joshie" in public? Really? No wonder he's on a show that features the word "Worst" in its title.

Kip

Re: Worst Cooks in America

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    A lawyer who calls himself "Joshie" in public? Really? No wonder he's on a show that features the word "Worst" in its title.
    Hi Ellen - there's a thread on this show in the "other reality shows" section. Joshie's even posted there. I love Joshie, but I know what you mean about his name. The first few episodes, I thought it was Chef Anne who was calling a guy named Josh "Joshie" - then I finally figured out that's what he goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post

We usually hop onto google at the end of the show to see if the places are still around etc....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread