+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

MRD

Re: Food Network

Oh, Route 66 would be fabulous.

I just read this about Feasting on Asphalt. Should be interesting.

Season 3 will have to wait (if there is one) Alton and the gang scrap the bikes for the water and a new mini-series Feasting on Waves, airing this September.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Feasting on waves? SERIOUSLY? So lets see how many different ways you can cook shrimp? Gah. Ok ok.. I'll give it a chance since it is Alton but still!

Where would they go? What coast? Or would they travel a long a river? He's already done the Mississippi route. So maybe the Intercoastal Waterway? But if he does that or goes along a coast, you are probably going to get the same type of food. At least with the Asphalt series you got a good variety of foods.

MRD

Well I have the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company cookbook and according to that and the movie, apparantly there are a TON of ways to cook shrimp.

I would think that you could find a lot besides shrimp. Clams, mussels, oysters, all varieties of fish, lobster, scallops, crab. I would think it might be pretty good. It's Alton, he'll make it good.

I remember seeing an article about Robert Irvine being a fake etc. I saw last night that Dinner Impossible was Iron Chef Symonds. Did they can Robert?

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3139507;
    I remember seeing an article about Robert Irvine being a fake etc. I saw last night that Dinner Impossible was Iron Chef Symonds. Did they can Robert?
    Yup, they did. Apparently, FN frowns on resumé padding.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3139507;
    Yes indeed. Quite some time ago, but it wouldn't have been obvious by watching FN, because they were obligated to let him finish out his contract. Also, he was in the middle of filming this season's episodes when the obfuscations on his resume came to light.

I really liked him and was sorry that he felt it was necessary to lie; he had more than enough creds for the job, and although Symons will be okay, it just won't be the same.
    Susan

Anybody watch the Disney Cirque du Soleil cake challenge? They had to be inspired by an element in the show and make a cake. I thought the majority of the cakes were rather awful and I was disappointed since I usually LOVE the challenges. I felt so bad for the guy whose cakes didn't arrive but he got lucky in that the other contestants fell on their collective butts and presented bad examples. Every single one of them had something go wrong......disappointing.

About the winning cake? I did ADORE the sugar pieces, they were so beautiful especially compared with the crud the others were putting on their cakes as decorative touches. The girl with the neck tats had a nice cake too but it was so lopsided and you could clearly see everywhere she messed up.....so...the guy who had to overcome a major set back won and I was happy for him. I can't imagine anybody being able to come back from that and still win (again, he got rather lucky that the others did so poorly).

MRD

I saw that and I thought they instead of choosing a winner, they had to go with the "least horrible cake" and that's a shame, because they could have done so many things with those cakes.
    The one with the Tissue dancer was the worst of the lot. It looked like a mound or red toilet paper wadded up and didn't match the rest of the cake at all.

I did like the winners sugar pieces and he overcame a lot of odds to win, but the rest of his cake looked terrible (and I know why it did and felt bad for him). I usually think that the Judge Kerry is a WITCH, but this time she had something to complain about.

I love the challenges.

Iron Chef

I just saw an Iron Chef "Battle Sugar" with Paula Deen & Cat Cora against Tyler Florence and Robert Irvine. I won't say who won so as not to spoil it for anyone, but I will say I could not believe it. I would have only been interested in half the items on the winner's menu, but I would have liked to try all the items from the other team.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i saw that episode too and i was cracking up at how funny they all were. paula deen cracks me up anyway, and seeing her tease the guys was hilarious

+ Reply to Thread