+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I saw that one too! I try to catch the challenges as much as possible. I would love to be at a place holding one of those competitions, just to see what goes on. Don't know if I could sit through the whole challenge - especially if it took hours upon hours to complete. I always hold my breath when they are moving their creations to the judging table.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3048208;
    I saw that one too! I try to catch the challenges as much as possible. I would love to be at a place holding one of those competitions, just to see what goes on. Don't know if I could sit through the whole challenge - especially if it took hours upon hours to complete. I always hold my breath when they are moving their creations to the judging table.
    I just watched the Hawaiian BBQ challenge and would NOT have wanted to sit through that one. Over 100F UGH! Although would LOVE to taste the finished products!!

I try to catch all the challenges, my favorite part of FN. I think my favorite challenge was the Hero one where they made all these yummy sandwiches. There was one lady who kept making the strangest sandwiches, fish sandwich with bread shaped like gold fish crackers? Very odd stuff but I loved how whimsical and creative she was.

The cake and sugar and chocolate ones always break my heart a little because the contestants put so much work into it and then CRASH it's all gone in a matter of minutes.

Plus after seeing the host get married on one of the Fantasy Weddings segment, it makes me like watching him even more because now I feel like I know him better (LOL).

Okay -- even though sometimes Gina Neely is a little hard to take at times, I caught the Neelys' "Road Tasted" show tonight, on which San Diego was featured. It was so much fun to see them enjoy the places that I already love, and discover a place I didn't know about: the healthy cookie place! I love cookies -- both baking them and eating them. But I also had lost more than half of my body weight and kept it off for the past six years (and have no interest in putting any of it back on), so healthy, tasty cooking is also a huge interest of mine. I'll certainly be checking out Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Did anyone catch tonight's Pillsbury Bake Off? I only saw the last 10 or so minutes but someone won a million dollars for a peanut butter cookie recipe that uses cut and bake cookie dough.
    CYA

I have it taped and will try and watch it tonight after work. WOW that's ALOT of money for a cookie recipe. It sounds rather yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3129164;
    Okay -- even though sometimes Gina Neely is a little hard to take at times, I caught the Neelys' "Road Tasted" show tonight, on which San Diego was featured. It was so much fun to see them enjoy the places that I already love, and discover a place I didn't know about: the healthy cookie place! I love cookies -- both baking them and eating them. But I also had lost more than half of my body weight and kept it off for the past six years (and have no interest in putting any of it back on), so healthy, tasty cooking is also a huge interest of mine. I'll certainly be checking out Sweet Cheeks Baking Co.!
    Me too! Fun to see the old home town. I like the Deen's, but they are better off without a show.
    Susan

MRD

I LOVE the challenges. But there is one person that recently won the cooking challenge that I've seen on other cooking challenges that rubs me the wrong way. She's so smug.
    Still I love watching those. No way could I ever enter a challenge or cook off. I'd be too darn nervous.

I can't get into the Neeley's for some reason. Gina just bugs me.

I really hope Alton Brown does another season of his "on the road show".
    Feasting on Asphalt. I loved last year's along the Mississippi.

Alton Brown is one of my favorites.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My husband is ADDICTED to Good Eats. Its one of the few shows he records (he's out to sea ALOT so he doesn't get to watch that much tv but he always comes back and has a mini marathon of Alton). Anyways, we watch Feasting on Asphalt together and I loved his trip along the Mississippi and hope he's back soon with another segment. Has he done Route 66? What other famous routes could he do that would bring the diverse cooking styles?

I'd love to see a Route 66-themed Feasting on Asphalt! It's my dream to someday have the time/money to rent a little, fuel-efficient convertible and do the Route 66 road trip from Chicago to Santa Monica.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread