+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Did anybody catch the latest Fantasy Wedding special?

Fantasy Weddings
    This one-hour special features some of the most over-the-top weddings you've ever seen. We follow three unique weddings that prove that no matter what your fantasy, you can create a wedding to reflect it.
    One of the couples was Keegan Gerhard (who hosts all the challenges) and all these pastry chefs offered to make various things for their wedding. It was AMAZING! I wanted that wedding and thought it was very cool the way all these top notch chef just wanted to give the couple something special for their wedding.

Also loved the other two weddings shown. The Winter Wonderland one (I wanted to eat everything there lol) and the Disney one was just so pretty.

If you can catch it in a rerun, don't miss it. Very good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2987914;
    One of the couples was Keegan Gerhard (who hosts all the challenges)
    I thought I recognized him! I didn't see the whole show, so I didn't catch his name -- but I thought that was his voice and face! Good thing the pastry chefs didn't have to do the "carry the cake/sugar sculpture/etc." thing at the wedding . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2987914;
    the Disney one was just so pretty.
    It was pretty, but Disneyland just strikes me as a rather odd location for a wedding. A little girl's dress-up party, yeah -- but a grown-up wedding?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

LOL then you wouldn't like all the after dark stuff they do that caters to adults. It's just their way of branching out and creating a bigger market for themselves, can't fault them there. Becoming stagnant equals the end for a business. I'd never have my wedding there (because I do agree with you that it was odd) BUT for a girl who has always dreamed of a fairy tale wedding complete with horse drawn princess carriage, castle, fireworks...etc.. it probably is a dream come true.

AND giggled over the not having to carry the stuff...although...the guy who made the chocolate piece had to cart it 10 miles across town and down a bumpy country road while the Texas sun beat down on all that chocolate (that was the drama part lol).

First time watching this show and I liked it and then they did the Super Hero challenge right after that and I've decided that I want to find a clone of Ben Ford (Ford's Filling Station owner/chef) and keep him in my kitchen feeding me yummy sandwiches all day!

Iron Chef Michael Symon will be the new host of Dinner: Impossible. I think that's a good choice. He's had very few appearances on Iron Chef. This show will be great for him and as a result, he will probably get selected more often on Iron Chef.
    SciFi, Fantasy, & Horror @ The Sanctuary

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne;3004334;
    Iron Chef Michael Symon will be the new host of Dinner: Impossible. I think that's a good choice. He's had very few appearances on Iron Chef. This show will be great for him and as a result, he will probably get selected more often on Iron Chef.
    They're gonna have to change the name of the show, though, to "Dinner: Impossible-to-Resist Hottie Chef"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Throwdown with Bobby Flay

Did anyone see the rematch show in Miami?
    I checked the Food Network's site, and they did not provide the challengers' recipes. I wanted that bartender's drink recipe!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2988735;
    I thought I recognized him! I didn't see the whole show, so I didn't catch his name -- but I thought that was his voice and face! Good thing the pastry chefs didn't have to do the "carry the cake/sugar sculpture/etc." thing at the wedding . . .

It was pretty, but Disneyland just strikes me as a rather odd location for a wedding. A little girl's dress-up party, yeah -- but a grown-up wedding?
    Disney World actually does a HUGE, HUGE wedding business. Most are done at the resorts and Disney World now actually has its own chapel/reception area near the Grand Floridian resort on the shore of one of the lakes. I've seen some photos and video of some very beautiful and classy weddings that had no resemblance to a fairytale princess/little girl's dressup party.
    DW has SO much land available to them that you can have a very nice wedding at many locations and not even SEE the theme parks themselves at all.

One of the attractions is that it can be "all inclusive", meaning, they do EVERYTHING and you show up in your wedding dress and get married.
    They cover flowers, food, cake, photographer, accomodations, favors, etc. and honeymoon destination.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The one I saw did that, the bride won the wedding of her dreams and she wanted to be a princess. Disney did everything, they even custom made her dress. It was awesome, every thing down to the honeymoon inside Cinderella's palace was planned by Disney. No stress, no worries, the women were off getting pedis, manis, and pampered while somebody else worried about the details.

One of my husband's cousins had his wedding at Disney a few years ago....in February during the winter break!

I can't report as to what it was like, since none of us were invited! My in-laws (the groom's uncle and aunt) and none of hubby's siblings were invited either. Of course, the groom's mother had to bore us all with a photo album of pictures taken at the ceremony....and pointed out their friends who were invited to it! Since this is my husband's family, I couldn't care less except I would expect family to be invited over neighbor friends!

That's horrible! I wouldn't even look at the stupid albums.

Recently watched the Disney/Pixar cake challenge where Scully and Mike took a tumble. Pity because it was really good. Didn't like the winning one and thought that the Ant one should have won (not sure if that was supposed to be Bugs Life or Antz).

+ Reply to Thread