+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Hey, maybe he and JAG from the last season of The Next Food Network Star can team up and do . . . uhhh . . . something.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2820566;
    Hey, maybe he and JAG from the last season of The Next Food Network Star can team up and do . . . uhhh . . . something.
    Ellen!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2820566;
    Oooo, snap!

I am kinda shocked about this whole thing with Robert Irvine. My sister and cousin will cry though, since they are in love with him and his muscles, lol!!

So much for him showing up at the Fabulous Food Show next year. At least that's what my sister was dreaming of!!

LG.

my hubby is going to be ticked. He loves Dinner: Impossible.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Awww, Giada had her baby girl!!!!

Giada De Laurentiis has baby girl!
    TODAY contributor and celebrity chef delivers first child in Los Angeles

TODAY
    updated 47 minutes ago
    Giada DeLaurentiis, the celebrity chef and a fixture in the TODAY Show kitchen, gave birth to a baby girl on Saturday in Los Angeles.

Jade Marie De Laurenttis Thompson weighed in at 5 lbs, 13 oz. when she entered the world at 4:38 p.m. ET, five days before her anticipated arrival.

She is the first child for De Laurentiis, 37, and her husband of five years, clothing designer Todd Thompson, 44.

De Laurentiis told TODAYShow.com last month that one of the hardest things she had to get used to during her pregnancy was fatigue.

Her busy schedule for TODAY and the Food Network would make anyone tired, but DeLaurentiis was struck by how dramatically her energy level dropped in the late afternoons.

“I feel awesome in the morning, but around four or five o’clock my energy crumbles,” she said at the time.

De Laurentiis announced the pregnancy on TODAY in November, admitting that she was as surprised as anyone and that her husband was "freaked out," in a good way.

The granddaughter of famed film producer Dino De Laurentiis, Giada De Laurentiis is the star of Food Networks’ “Everyday Italian,” and the author of the best-selling book of the same name.

She has authored two other cookbooks, “Giada’s Family Dinners” and “Everyday Pasta,” published last April. She’s cooked with Bobby Flay on “Iron Chef America,” and appears regularly on TODAY.
    Link Here

It's kind of a shame about Robert Irvine, but I suppose life does have a way of catching up to you when you least expect it. He seems to be a fine chef, so it's really too bad he felt the need to enhance his resume, especially with things that can so easily be checked. I'm sure he'll land on his feet, since he does have talent, but hopefully he'll let his talent speak in place of falsified entries on a resume, now.

Congratulations, Giada & Todd!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I've been watching the Food Network more and more and I really love their weekday afternoon block of shows for their Countdown to dinner here in Canada.

MRD

I can't STAND Robert Irvine. I tried to watch a couple Dinner Impossibles, but he is so arrogant and rude. Seems like from what I read, he got what he deserved for lying like that. Good riddance to him.

As for Anthony Bourdain, I have read his books and they are GREAT. I love him. He is snarky and fun. I watch No Reservations on the Travel channel with him all the time.

We don't watch Iron Chef America either as it is a cheap imitation of the classic Japanese one.

I do love Alton Brown, Ina Garten and Giada. I can't stand Rachael Ray, Mario Batali or Bobby Flay.
    And I like Paula Deen, but hate her show Paula's Party. Someone needs to tone her down a bit. She's ok on her regular show though.

Ace of Cakes is probably my FAVORITE food show now. I LOVE Geoff. He never gets excited about anything or mad. I just love the way he talks and the stuff he says. To me he's a hilarious "straight" man to Duff's comedian side.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2882478;
    . . . As for Anthony Bourdain, I have read his books and they are GREAT. I love him. He is snarky and fun. . . .
    His dark humor murder mystery novels are my hands-down favorite summer beach reading!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread