+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Me, too. We got tired of the media whore about two years ago!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I liked RR when she first started on the foodnetwork. And then I got tired of her just about when she started her own talk show. But now, I'm kinda liking her again. Her deep-voice laugh annoys me, but overall, she can be cute and entertaining, not to mention useful. If she doesn't do that deep voice too much and the show doesn't focus on her too much, then I can watch the show.

Now that Top Chef is going down the hill, her show might do something good for me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I just saw Giada on the Today show and she announced that her and hubbie were expecting a baby in April! Its going to be a girl!

Congratulations to them!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 11-05-2007 at 11:22 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Oh boy, I guess Giada will really be showing off her assets now, lol.

Thanksgiving has got to be the biggest holiday for the Food Network.
    I was just watching the Dear Food Network: Thanksgiving special.
    Tyler Florence's fig-glazed turkey and cornbread stuffing looks good!

FORT Fogey

Don't make Rachel Rays "Stuffin'Muffins". They are very bland and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2660279;
    Don't make Rachel Rays "Stuffin'Muffins". They are very bland and dry.
    I would not be likely to watch her show much less make anything from what hubby calls "that annoying little troll." She does not have chefly bona fides as far as we can tell, and anything she does, I can do better. I do not have time to waste watching shows like that. I am looking for more cooking ideas, techniques, etc. when I watch these shows, not to mention the charm of the host/hostess/chef. I need them to be entertaining, not off-putting!

Sandra Lee is such a trainwreck. So many things bother me about her show..the worst is when she makes a cocktail version for kids calling them kiddie cocktails...so wrong! Many of her ideas for tablescapes are unrealistic as well..like using a chair she bought at a garage sale and spray painted in gold, a bird cage, etc. She also loves to take one ingredient and put it in every dish on the menu..like a recent episode where everything contained some form of coffee.

I do enjoy watching Tyler Florence and Bobby Flay. Cant believe Tyler got stuck on Sandra's Halloween show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2660788;
    I would not be likely to watch her show much less make anything from what hubby calls "that annoying little troll." She does not have chefly bona fides as far as we can tell, and anything she does, I can do better. I do not have time to waste watching shows like that. I am looking for more cooking ideas, techniques, etc. when I watch these shows, not to mention the charm of the host/hostess/chef. I need them to be entertaining, not off-putting!
    I don't watch her either. This was a few years ago that they showed her Thanksgiving Day meal and she made the stuffing and put it in a muffin tin so it made individual servings. My thought was it was a neat idea for me to be able to keep track of my portion size. Besides it had apples it and it SOUNDED good. That is the ONLY recipe of hers that I have EVER tried. After that I wouldn't even think of buying any of her books.
    And as for Sanda Lee.....there is a reason she serves alcohol with ALL of her meals, it is the ONLY way to get the food down.

FORT Fogey

I am not a fan of Sandra Lee's show at all. She is too darn skinny to be taken seriously as a cooking show host, lol.

I do like Rachael. Her shows are fun and entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread