+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Food Network

MRD

Re: Food Network

Semi-homemade Sandra Lee is the one that annoys me. She sounds so fake. I just can't watch her show. And she's too skinny too. My husband says about her and Giada that they must go throw up after the shows.

I have cooked quite a few of Giada's recipes and all have been very good.

Ina Garten gets to me too, but she does have some good recipes. I've used hers a bit as well.

But Tyler Florence will always be my favorite. He and Alton Brown. Love Altons sense of humor and Tyler just seems very genuine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2564342;
    I'll wait until you've finished watching the Fruit Fantasy Challenge show to ask what you thought when something happened that brought tears to my eyes.
    Dang...

I will have to watch it again.... THAT is a given... I seem to choose message boards and writing over watching and listening... Then there was the phone call...

The last thing I remember was when the two small people dropped their masterpiece, and the were given 15 minutes to regroup and continue...

Hah... I can retrieve it, and get back to you...

Be back soon...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Yeah...

That was sad, in that they couldn't recover...

I hope they keep those physical restraints front and center in the future... Or Casey (sp) needs to get a stronger assistant...

After the "crash", I was pleased to see who won it... At least he didn't get out his chainsaw... Maybe next time...

Fun stuff!!!!

I was hoping that the Thai guy would win, simply on the basis of skill and artistry. He was the only one who used carved fruits/veggies exclusively, without extra non-carved greenery as embellishments. All of the contestants were very creative and skilled, but the Thai guy impressed me the most.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They can all take a big bow...

Absolutely amazing...

Kinda puts the radish rose in a whole nother category...

On another note, the Radish Rose and other garnish embellishments were big in the depression era... Simple kits to make "stuff" were given away as premiums and send offs... I wonder if they had ANY idea where this would go in only 50+ years...

Mind boggling...

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2564426;
    Yeah...

That was sad, in that they couldn't recover...

I hope they keep those physical restraints front and center in the future... Or Casey (sp) needs to get a stronger assistant...

After the "crash", I was pleased to see who won it... At least he didn't get out his chainsaw... Maybe next time...

Fun stuff!!!!
    Yes, I was so like the people in the audience there were... crossing my fingers for them, willing them to be able to carry their sculpture. And I have to love Casey for trying so hard to keep a good attitude when you knew her heart was breaking. She was concerned about her assistant, and didn't give in to any urge to blame her on camera and whine about it. Very classy lady, that Casey is. But with all her talent, she'll be fine in the food sculpture business.

And I agree with you, I was glad to see who won it -- I was afraid it would be the guy (wish I could remember names, but can't) who put in so much greenery fru-fru and was a tad arrogant and didn't make full use of his time to challenge himself. All four were absolutely outstanding in their talent, and will be secure for their lifetimes in their skill. But I liked that guy that won, I liked his background story, and I liked how he gave such credit to the talent of the other three. I think the prize money went to the person who could most use it.

All 4 were outstanding artists, though, that's for certain. And I just loved watching the show. So amazing what can be done with fruits and veggies.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I am amazed that these people can recognize their talent to the extent they can combine them...

I mean, come on...

An artist/sculptor who also has a major bent for cooking? They must be the MOST talented people on the planet... AND both sides of their brain must work overtime... ;0))

Love it ALL!

Rachael Ray's new show (see below article). The deadline to apply for the show is 10/3, peeps. Get to it! It would be so cool if someone from this site went on to compete. Anybody?

Rachael Ray Searches for Next Great Cook

By Erin Carlson
    The Associated Press

Are you a wannabe celebrity chef, the most inventive cook on the block? And, most important, do your culinary skills go way beyond the ability to boil water?

If you've answered "yes" to all the above, then Rachael Ray may be looking for you. The syndicated talk-show host is launching "So You Think You Can Cook?" — a nationwide search for an enterprising foodie.

"We just want to give a person — a real person, not a chef or somebody specially trained to do this for a living — a shot at showing everybody their personality and how much fun you can have with food," Ray, 39, said in a telephone interview Wednesday with The Associated Press.

Ray and her producers will narrow the field of candidates to five promising cooks, who will undergo two weeks of intense competitions and challenges before a winner is announced on the air in late November.

"I'm always telling people how my career was an accident," Ray told the AP. "I just wanted to sort of marry up the idea for the show that anybody who likes to cook could literally be Rachael Ray, the '30 Minute Meal' girl."

Ray is host of the popular Food Network program "30 Minute Meals."

The winner of the contest will co-host the "Rachael Ray" show for a day and receive training at a U.S. culinary institute. An original recipe will be published in Ray's lifestyle magazine, Every Day With Rachael Ray.

Contest rules are posted on Ray's Web site, Rachael Ray's Official Website. The deadline for entries is Oct. 3.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I really like the idea of the show but I don't really like that it's hosted by Rachael Ray. Doesn't she have enough shows on TV already?

I'll definitely watch though. It sounds interesting.

Anything with Rachel Ray in it gets the channel switched quite quickly in this household. That includes talk shows and whatever... the only thing I like seeing her on is The Soup when Joel ridicules her.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread