+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 98 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2555604;
    Hah... Could you tell if Giada's grin was surgically enhanced, too...
    GOOD ONE!
    I had mentioned before about her fake accent, and as I was watching her the other day, I listened. And it isn't so much an accent as it is her voice when she grins. It is annoying. I had never really noticed it until I saw one of her weekend getaway shows and she spoke without that stupid grin and she sounded SO much better.

FORT Fogey

I do not usually watch Giada's shows at all because she really gets on my nerves. If I turn on FN and she is on, I just change the channel. I am the same way with Ina Garten too.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2555604;
    Actually, he does still have it... I noticed it just recently on the current Feasting on Asphalt, then I promptly stopped noticing it again.

I guess when you get used to a physical flaw - especially in someone you like, it tends to disappear... Which is a good thing, I think...

Hah... Could you tell if Giada's grin was surgically enhanced, too...
    Yes, I stand corrected. I was watching Feasting on Asphalt 2 last night and noticed that he still has it. You're right, I like him :-)

Did anyone else catch that Fruit Fantasy Challenge on Food Network? It may have been a rerun from earlier, but I caught it last night on FN.

"Four sculpting gurus compete in Hawaii by transforming a variety of produce into tropical sculptures that are more than 5 feet tall."

I am always so impressed with the beautiful creations of food sculptures. I'm especially in love with the Chinese art of watermelon carving, but this show featured so much more than just that. The sculptures were absolutely amazingly beautiful and fantastic! Such talent and patience. It was a great show... if you haven't caught it yet, I know it'll be re-airing a few more times, so if you get a chance, check it out.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I jsut saw Ellen D's show with Paula Dean as a guest. Paula said that she had suffered from anxiety disorder for over 20 years and always hid it from family and friends. She always annoyed me with her happy attitude and the accent, but it made me look her in a different light. I'm interested in knowing more about her now.

I saw that too... Interesting that she is branching out into print...

I've always liked her... She's not afraid to let it all hang out, LOL...

How funny they both burned their tongues on the rum sauce...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2560108;
    I jsut saw Ellen D's show with Paula Dean as a guest. Paula said that she had suffered from anxiety disorder for over 20 years and always hid it from family and friends. She always annoyed me with her happy attitude and the accent, but it made me look her in a different light. I'm interested in knowing more about her now.
    Yeah I saw an interview with her on Larry King awhile back where she mentioned that too. I was a little surprised, and although I've always liked Paula, it made me respect her more for being able to overcome that.

New show coming on Food Network, its called "Next Iron Chef" and will start 10/7 9pm est. The contestants will be professional chefs competing to be the next iron chef.

The special six-episode series kicks-off on Sunday, October 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT with eight contestants battling for the coveted culinary title:

• John Besh (executive chef, Restaurant August, The Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's, Lüke and La Provence, New Orleans, LA)

• Chris Cosentino (executive chef, Incanto, San Francisco, CA)

• Jill Davie (executive chef, Josie, Santa Monica, CA)

• Traci Des Jardins (executive chef & co-owner, Jardinière, Mijita and Acme Chophouse, San Francisco, CA)

• Gavin Kaysen (chef de cuisine, El Bizcocho at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, San Diego, CA)

• Morou Ouattara (executive chef & owner, Farrah Olivia, Washington, DC)

• Aarón Sánchez (executive chef & owner, Centrico and Paladar, New York, NY)

• Michael Symon (executive chef & owner, Lola and Lolita, Cleveland, OH)

Three esteemed judges–food writer Michael Ruhlman, restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton, and restaurateur Donatella Arpaia (davidburke & donatella and Anthos)–will determine who best demonstrates the speed, leadership, artistry and creativity required of an Iron Chef.

I am watching the fruit and veggie carving show...

All I can say is... WOW!!!!

I adore the sugar and chocolate sculptures, but these are fantastic...

All that, and they can cook...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I'll wait until you've finished watching the Fruit Fantasy Challenge show to ask what you thought when something happened that brought tears to my eyes.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread