+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Regular

Re: Food Network

Thanks that's just what I was asking! Japanese sounds hard to learn, but when you think about it, it's amazing anyone ever learns American English if you have to learn and understand all the homonyms, words and phases with multiple meanings that have nothing to do with each other, slang, etc, then add in all the different accents. I'm thinking maybe it's an easy language to mimic though, since it's made up of most all the languages.

Premium Member

I love hearing the Italian pronounciation, and it doesn't bother me for the most post except when she says "spaghetti". I don't know why that drives me up a wall. As far as the low cut outfits - I remember seeing her very early in her career. I can't remember if it was on her Chefography or in photos somewhere, but it's pretty obvious that she has had work done - so she's probably pretty proud of her boobs now.

Aside from that, I have her Everyday Italian cookbook and it's wonderful. I use it a lot.

Well, dang...

I watched her Chefography, and missed all of that... Hah... "Both of that"...

I will pay attention, I will pay attention, I will... etc....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2552203;
    I love hearing the Italian pronounciation, and it doesn't bother me for the most post except when she says "spaghetti". I don't know why that drives me up a wall.
    Yes! That's the one that really drives me crazy...

I do make quite a few of her dishes... The pasta ones are pretty easy to follow and very yummy!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2552312;
    Well, dang...

I watched her Chefography, and missed all of that... Hah... "Both of that"...

I will pay attention, I will pay attention, I will... etc....
    I'm not sure if that's where I even saw it. I just know I saw an image of her somewhere from when she first started out and she has definitely blossomed since then.

FORT Regular

We can't take the fact that Giada is gorgeous, fake boobs or no. It really doesn't make any difference to me if they're enhanced or not. Hubby sure likes her and her cleavage, lol.

I can't remember her pronunciation of spaghetti, but the one that gets me is her "mozzarlella". But maybe she's correct. My mom's family was Sicilian and I don't remember them saying mozzarella that way.

LOL...

I think she uses a long e sound in spaghetti, but I don't recall mozzarella......

My hubby came into the kitchen while I had one of her shows on, and watched a few minutes and then said, "She can't be a good cook".... Too skinny...

(I beamed... )

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2553723;
    LOL...

I think she uses a long e sound in spaghetti, but I don't recall mozzarella......

My hubby came into the kitchen while I had one of her shows on, and watched a few minutes and then said, "She can't be a good cook".... Too skinny...

(I beamed... )
    For me, it's the staccato way she says it... Spah ggeh tteee ...

It's funny...there are so many women that I think are gorgeous and assume men would adore...but they don't. An old boyfriend HATED Angelina Jolie 'cause he thought she was a horrible actress. The husband refers to Giada as "that freaky Italian lady" because he thinks she's a fussy cook. I remember seeing Giada cooking with her mother or aunt on one show and it was obvious she was so annoyed 'cause they weren't doing it exactly the way she wanted them to. She's a little Type A in that regard...I like it better when she cooks by herself on the show.

I was curious, so I googled her images. True, Giada's twins used to be a lot smaller.

Also, I was watching Alton Brown's Good Eats. It was the one on salt, done in 2004. He had this pretty big mole on his left cheek that he doesn't have any more, or at least I don't think so. I don't know if mole removal counts as plastic surgery (it probably was cosmetic, but I don't know what's "plastic" and what's not), but seems like he has gone under the knife too.

Actually, he does still have it... I noticed it just recently on the current Feasting on Asphalt, then I promptly stopped noticing it again.

I guess when you get used to a physical flaw - especially in someone you like, it tends to disappear... Which is a good thing, I think...

Hah... Could you tell if Giada's grin was surgically enhanced, too...

+ Reply to Thread