+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

The Next Iron Chef should be interesting, reality series to choose the newest Iron Chef America

Super Chef: The Next Iron Chef

Well, I'll try to catch a couple of episodes of it. But if it has the look, feel, and cheapness to it that Iron Chef America does, I doubt I'll be very interested. Although I very much enjoy Iron Chef (the original Japanese version), I've never been able to get into Iron Chef America for too many reasons, not the least of which is the cheapness of the show, the lack of style, the lack of cohesion. It always reminds me of a cheap high school production of a well known play. I love Alton Brown, and some of the guest judges, but not one of the chefs has any charisma for me, and not one of them is even likeable on the show, to me. I'll just leave it at that and not get into everything I hate about the American version of the show.

So again, I'll try to catch a couple of episodes of this Next Iron Chef thing, but given my strong prejudice against Iron Chef America, I don't really see me rooting for anyone who wants to be in it.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Regular

Don't know if I should post this here or where, but Paula Deen's gonna be on Rachel Ray tomorrow morning and we'll get to see her new grandson. Rachel Ray's on reruns, but I usually watched R & K during the regular season, so all RR's shows are new to me.

I've been seeing Giada on "Today" show on NBC for the past several days. Is she trying to cross-over as a reporter now? I'm not the biggest fan of her, but she's better than Tiki Barbur as a reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2547636;
    I've been seeing Giada on "Today" show on NBC for the past several days. Is she trying to cross-over as a reporter now? I'm not the biggest fan of her, but she's better than Tiki Barbur as a reporter.
    Did she have on her low cut blouse?

Hah...

I caught a rerun of Feasting on Asphalt the other evening, and, as amazing as it sounds, the map they showed had the abreviation for Arkansas as AK..... I bet those folk in Alaska were laughing just as loudly as those in AR...

(Does Giada own anything other than low cut?? )
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

(Does Giada own anything other than low cut?? )
    Why would she? Low-cut (on her, at least) is money! Hell, she's smart to go for it before kids and/or gravity takes over!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Giada does own things other than low cut. I just saw an episode where she was wearing a purple t-shirt with a relatively high neckline - upon another look, I realized it was a see-through.

On Today show, she actually looks like a different person. She still dresses feminine, but her attire is much more conservative (haven't seen her clevage). Even her fake eyelushes are shorter. Really, the first time I saw her, I thought, "That girl kinda sounds like Giada . . . wait, is it . . .? But it's not a cooking segment and her boobs aren't popping out . . . wait, it IS her!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2548422;
    Even her fake eyelushes are shorter.
    Did she lose her fake accent too? She is SO much more tolerable with her real voice.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2548672;
    Did she lose her fake accent too? She is SO much more tolerable with her real voice.
    She loses it and then it comes back magically whenever a word like mozzarella shows up.

Did anyone see Alton mistake that porcupine for a nutra? OMG that was funny!

+ Reply to Thread