+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Animal;2488281;
    I'm super excited for the next Feasting on Asphalt series starting August 4th!
    I know me too! I can't wait! I love Alton Brown and his last Feasting on Asphalt was really enjoyable to watch.

peachroses

anyone else watching ingrid hoffman in simply delicioso... again lots of chopping and lots of ingredients that I am not sure I would be able to find. peruvian popcorn....... hmmm... ok.....

each one of her sides uses 8-10 ingredients... some stuff I don't normally have in my pantry.....

any thoughts from anyone else..... of course I know we watch this because my husband is from south america and thinks she is hot hot hot... i can't really blame him as she really is sexy...... time for some male eye candy for us famales....... ereril.... come on give me a break......

we are definately not trying her recipes tomorrow...... i learned my lesson last week... any other thoughts?
    Because I said so ....

Quote Originally Posted by peach;2493367;
    anyone else watching ingrid hoffman in simply delicioso...
    Well, my husband and I tried watching it, but he left the room after 5 minutes, while I hung on for another 3-5, with both of us having decided not to watch her again. She's really an annoying personality, like a tinted, highlighted Rachel Ray. As for eye candy, my hubby would have to disagree, there. He said "she's cute, in a way, but when she starts talking she quickly gets pretty ugly"

For the few minutes I tried to watch, I really didn't enjoy the show. The ingredients and prep was too much for something that didn't make me want to actually taste the finished product. But the constant sound of chop-chop-chop in the background accompanying her annoying voice and 'banter' was what killed it for me.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2495941;
    . . . She's really an annoying personality, like a tinted, highlighted Rachel Ray. As for eye candy, my hubby would have to disagree, there. He said "she's cute, in a way, but when she starts talking she quickly gets pretty ugly" . . .
    Same in our home! Though my hubby didn't use the word "ugly," he did mention that she'd be a lot more appealing with the sound off.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

I haven't seen Simply Deliciouso (sp), and I doubt I'll watch it anyway.

Not to change the subject, but I've really been enjoying Paula's Party! I've only been to New Orleans and TX (San Antonio, thru Dalllas/Ft Worth, and Witchita Falls) as far as the Deep South is concerned. Well we've been to Disney World, but that represents everywhere and everyone. I think I'd LOVE to see Savannah sometime! It looks really pretty! What do you have to do to get tickets to Paula's Party? Anyone know?

I just saw the one this morning where Paula picked a girl out of the audience for Bobby. I thought Bobby was short, but he looked pretty tall next to that girl from the audience. Boy Paula's gutsy to do that to her son on national TV! LOL, but it was so cute! She was certainly a cute girl!

Anyone watch the first episode of Feasting on Asphalt last night? It definitely had me craving some Cajun food!

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Oh good...

It's started. I need to find other times to record it...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Re Ingrid Hoffman...

(I'm watching Alton's Cajun Asphalt right now! How great they are putting him on the weekend block...)

Anyway... I watched her show earlier today, and she had the Rum Chicka Rum chicken recipe...

I had a deja vu moment, because I had made that recipe before. I wondered if she had ripped it off from another chef, but after a bit of sleuthing, I found out that she HAD been on "Live With Regis & Kelly", where I first got that recipe...

It is VERY GOOD... In fact, her show jogged my memory - I had some of the marinade in the freezer (the cost of the rum makes you want to save it, and it freezes nicely after being used), so it is on my menu tonight... Though I will put it in the "Set it and Forget it" Whirligig, even though it is officially 100 degrees! I'm not going outside to grill in this heat... The AC can just keep on cranking...

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2520200;
    I had some of the marinade in the freezer (the cost of the rum makes you want to save it, and it freezes nicely after being used)
    PK, I hope you don't mean that you're saving used marinade after it has had raw chicken in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2520281;
    PK, I hope you don't mean that you're saving used marinade after it has had raw chicken in it.
    Yes... But I am "freezing" the marinade immediately after use...

It has only had raw chicken in it, and will never have anything but raw chicken in it... Chicken is cooked after being marinated...

There is no cross contamination whatsoever and, since the chicken is cooked, there is no danger of food poisoning (whichever the strain...)...

+ Reply to Thread