+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

RE. the "two fat ladies" -- I was thinking of them at the end of the last Top Chef (I know, another network!) when the top 2 were those "two fat guys." I think they should have a show or at least a restaurant of that title in homage to the original two

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2480510;
    OK...

I am getting most tired of "Almost Homemade"!!! Not so much the almost homemade part, or the tablescapes or backyardscapes... The Kitchy Kitchens, or even the recipes...

But OH ME... The LLLLLLs she uses... She emphasizes them in EVERY word... LLLLLLLLots... LLLLLLLLLLLLLight... LLLLLLove... ALLLLLLLow, etc...

I don't know why I just noticed it, but it is suddenly driving me up the wall....

OK, rant over!

;0))

PK
    Sandra Lee drives me nuts, especially when she says "I'm going to get a pllllllllate and plllllllate this up." Her recipes are not very healthy either. Today she was stuffing jalapenos with cheese, wrapping them in bacon and throwing them on the grill. While she made cocktails. Her thing is that you can't serve a meal without first making a trip to the craft store, but that's ok because everything costs "next to nothing". I cracked up once while watching Barefoot Contessa because she made a snide remark about "tablescapes" and it was so obvious. I normally think Ina Garten can come across as being a little bit snooty but this was priceless.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

[QUOTE=PugMum;2480525; Besides that, she serves alcohol with EVERYTHING and I don't drink. I have heard that her cooking is so horrid, you need to be drunk to enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what her life is like that she has time to think up all of these different alcoholic drinks. Having wine or something like that is one things, but to come up with elaborate, themed alcoholic recipes is another. There's one every episode. Makes you wonder what her parties are really like. Send the children out of the room, it's drinky time for the adults.

The "Almost Homemade" concept is a solid one - I think most of us can appreciate a shortcut - and apparently there are enough people out there that DO like to entertain with themed parties to warrant a show on them.. I just don't happen to be one of them... I don't think I've been to a themed party since I left school... Then the "cocktail" of choice was usually Purple Passion...

I don't mind her creating cocktails, either, but they all sound so horrid... (But, so does Purple Passion, I guess... )

I think it was Top Chef (I get them mixed up), who recently had a Quick Fire challenge on creating a cocktail to match a dish, so mixology really is a "science", but I'm thinking it's a class she missed... I can't take her seriously...

Now if Alton had a show on that subject, I would be all eyes and ears...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2484694;
    . . . Send the children out of the room, it's drinky time for the adults.
    Sounds good to me!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2484520;
    Sandra Lee drives me nuts, especially when she says "I'm going to get a pllllllllate and plllllllate this up." Her recipes are not very healthy either. Today she was stuffing jalapenos with cheese, wrapping them in bacon and throwing them on the grill. While she made cocktails. Her thing is that you can't serve a meal without first making a trip to the craft store, but that's ok because everything costs "next to nothing". I cracked up once while watching Barefoot Contessa because she made a snide remark about "tablescapes" and it was so obvious. I normally think Ina Garten can come across as being a little bit snooty but this was priceless.

I saw that Ina epi and loved her comment! I used to watch Sandra Lee, but she got on my nerves rather quickly so I stopped. I read this thread and dvr'd a couple of epi's to see what the "L" thing you all were talking about was, and it took maybe two minutes into the show for me to see exactly what you meant! So, she's not got a new viewer in me, and I also can't take the new one, that latino Rachael Ray/Giada clone!

FORT Fogey

I have not watched Ingrid's show yet. Just from the promos, I think she would get on my nerves.

I'm super excited for the next Feasting on Asphalt series starting August 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by Animal;2488281;
    I'm super excited for the next Feasting on Asphalt series starting August 4th!
    Ooh, AB's doing that one again? Cool!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

peachroses

Hubby and I watched Ingrid's show on Saturday and of course he wanted to try all her lemon lime specials on Sunday. He even went out and bought a ricer. We enjoyed her personality and will watch her again.

We did encounter a few problems:

The recipes on tv deviated a little from those we printed from the HGTV web-site. The lemon chicken used too much oil, (I told hubby to use less, but he wouldn't listen, he had to follow the recipe) and the flavor was a little too strong on the lemon side. He did the chicken.

I did the potatoes and the salad and both were very good. We absolutely loved the peanut butter dressing.

My only other comment is that the meal was quite complicated for an 'easy' meal. Lots of chopping, and steps involved. It would have been a chore for a single person, like me to do the entire meal alone. As it was we were both cooking together and it took about 1.5 hrs. from beginning to end. That is a lot more time than we typically spend on an 'easy meal'. But then again we are simple cooks.
    Because I said so ....

+ Reply to Thread