+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 100 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2475468;
    I KNOW!!! They are pretty nasty, aren't they? I know that most men wouldn't go in for manicures but when you're on TV and the hands are the focus of so many of the shots...

I love that Giada always has beautifully manicured hands with a light nail polish color on. It looks very fresh and clean!

I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" show. Are they both alive still?
    Speaking of Giada. Has anyone seen her weekend getaway show? I was watching it the other night, she was in Seattle. When she was down at Pikes Market, walking around by the fish, her voice changed. She lost that annoying fake always happy accent. It was nice to hear a real voice from her.
    Also, I was really turned off by the way she takes bites of her food. She has the fork backwards and sticks her tongue WAY out to take the food.

Jennifer Paterson died of cancer in August of 1999, but Clarissa Dickson-Wright, according to IMDB, is still alive and kicking butt on UK TV...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" show. Are they both alive still?
    I loved them as well. Sadly, they are not both still alive. Jennifer Patterson died of lung cancer in 1999.

Edit:
    PK beat me to it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2475493;
    Speaking of Giada. Has anyone seen her weekend getaway show? I was watching it the other night, she was in Seattle. When she was down at Pikes Market, walking around by the fish, her voice changed. She lost that annoying fake always happy accent. It was nice to hear a real voice from her.
    Also, I was really turned off by the way she takes bites of her food. She has the fork backwards and sticks her tongue WAY out to take the food.
    I watched her show earlier today from Newport, RI (I don't know if it was a weekend getaway, or another of her shows...) But I got a major kick out of her attempt to play tennis... Swish! Swat! Bang! Giggle!

The lady pro had a wonderful forehand, though...

;0))

PK

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2475507;
    Edit:
    PK beat me to it.
    Hah, hah... Great minds, etc...

Amazon has a lot of hits on their books and tapes, if anyone is really interested...

;0))

PK

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2475493;
    I love her weekend getaway show! I hope they show the Seattle one again soon because I missed it. I actually really enjoy that show. I love seeing the places and restaurants that she goes to.

I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" show.
    They're the ones who got me hooked on Food Network. My hubby and I still joke about the line that Jennifer (I think?) used when making Cornish game hens: "Brrrrrrrush theh little brrrreasts with buttah!" <-- (my attempt at transliterating "brush their little breasts with butter" into the ladies' accent)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

OK...

I am getting most tired of "Almost Homemade"!!! Not so much the almost homemade part, or the tablescapes or backyardscapes... The Kitchy Kitchens, or even the recipes...

But OH ME... The LLLLLLs she uses... She emphasizes them in EVERY word... LLLLLLLLots... LLLLLLLLLLLLLight... LLLLLLove... ALLLLLLLow, etc...

I don't know why I just noticed it, but it is suddenly driving me up the wall....

OK, rant over!

;0))

PK

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2480510;
    OK...

I am getting most tired of "Almost Homemade"!!! Not so much the almost homemade part, or the tablescapes or backyardscapes... The Kitchy Kitchens, or even the recipes...

But OH ME... The LLLLLLs she uses... She emphasizes them in EVERY word... LLLLLLLLots... LLLLLLLLLLLLLight... LLLLLLove... ALLLLLLLow, etc...

I don't know why I just noticed it, but it is suddenly driving me up the wall....

OK, rant over!

;0))

PK
    TOO FUNNY!! I have llllllllost interest in her. Her recipes are no llllllonger quick and easy. She goes through so many steps, you might as wellllllll make it from scratch. Besides that, she serves alcohol with EVERYTHING and I don't drink. I have heard that her cooking is so horrid, you need to be drunk to enjoy it.

LLLoLLLLLL...

Welllll LLLLLet's just ignore her!

But what makes it allllllmost worthwhillle is the Hilllllton commercial with the reallllly "kewllll" jingle that airs often throughout the day...

I do LLLLLLLLLLLove it...

;0))

PK

+ Reply to Thread