+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

I watched Rachel once... she had me gritting my teeth so I never watched her again.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Hojo's=Howard Johnsons, a hotel chain that used to (might still have) casual style restaurants. Big deal Racheal, and cut it out with the "EVOO" and the salt over the shoulder schtick already and let the grownups cook
    Oh.. Howard Johnsons had a little casual style restaurant. I never new that.

It's not the EVOO that bothers me.. it's that she then goes on to say Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Why say EVOO if you're going to say the full thing afterward?

Cos she thinks she's too darned cute! Her food's not bad, but she's got to realize she's not 22 anymore.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

*snicker* She really isn't cute. It's the laugh after her own jokes that REALLY makes my blood boil. I used to actually watch it with my old roomate, 2 years ago.. and we would watch it before we would go to bed for some stupid reason. We would be so annoyed at her by the end of the show that we had to stay up another half hour to watch the show after her.. which was fortunetly my favorite show on the Food Network.. (that was the real reason we watched it)

I really got into Tony Bourdain's show, and I am sadistically drawn to the hour of $40 a Day on Friday nights. Just to see how cheap she's gonna be at tipping!

I like the "Into the Fire" on Fridays too, cos I like having an inside track at various restaurant situations. Forget Rocco's show, this is the real deal.

I really got into Tony Bourdain's show, and I am sadistically drawn to the hour of $40 a Day on Friday nights. Just to see how cheap she's gonna be at tipping!

I like the "Into the Fire" on Fridays too, cos I like having an inside track at various restaurant situations. Forget Rocco's show, this is the real deal.
    I love Tony Bourdain. He needs to do another season.. His sense of humor and his love for adventure and food will be seriously missed if I don't get another season!

We don't have Into The Fire here in Canada.. but having worked as a waiter for years.. I don't know if I could handle watching a show about my life.

I dunno if the American Food Network has David Rocco's Dolce Vita.. but it's the most obnoxious show ever. He's really cute.. but he starts talking and he's an arrogant little prick. Ugh! I wanna beat him with Emeril's legs.

Cos she thinks she's too darned cute! Her food's not bad, but she's got to realize she's not 22 anymore.
    She did a photo spread for FHM. I'm not kidding.

Matt64, I couldn't find the drinking game online but I made one myself. I'll PM it to you.

Matt, I don't think I've seen Dolce Vita, and some of the shows Duxxy mentioned must mean that Canada has a few different shows playing. Is he more annoying than Bobby Flay? I guess I really fell in love with Bourdain when I read on another (food industry) related site where he actually posts that he thought Rocco DiSpirito was a total jerk for witholding pay to the staff of the restaurant in order to create some drama for the cameras when they were filming. My hero

I guess I really dig Sara Moulton too, she knows her stuff.

SleepySluggo, I remember her photos for FHM...not impressed, sorry, Rach!

OH MY GOD. She did a spread for FHM?! I have to go find those pictures.. That's disturbing.. Does she have cupcakes hiding her naughty bits?

Tony Bourdain is not a celebrity chef.. and that's what makes him cool. He doesn't appear to buy into the trappings of his 'fame', and he does what he does because he actually LIKES cooking.. not being a showman.

We have quite a few programs that you guys don't get. www.Foodtv.ca is the canadian link. Sugar being MY favorite show.. Christine Cushing Live is also really really good. New Classics with Rob Feenie is also really interesting. He's a chef from Vancouver (where I live) and he owns one of the top restaurants in Canada.. the food is phenomenal.. I don't actually have words to describe how amazingly good it is. He showcases really fine cooking, stuff that he could do at his restaurant.. I've never tried to do anything he has done.. it's really just much easier (although much more expensive) to go to his restaurant.

+ Reply to Thread