+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 99 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fan

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2465258;
    We shouldn't do that! I hate to not leave any tip at all, but I've left 15% for horrible service at restaurants or stylists that mangled my hair! I'm such a wimp! That's my way of saying, "Ha! I didn't leave you 20%!"
    This is the thing- when the service is bad and you still leave a 15% tip, the server has no idea that the service was bad. I've even gotten 5% - 10% tips knowing full well that they got good service, so I just figure they were cheapos. For anyone out there who thinks that giving them a bad tip is sending a *message* to the server, the server does not see it that way. So, I say, as a server myself, if the service is bad, go ahead and leave a substandard tip- but also let the management know what the server did wrong. This way the server will be told how to improve so the next guest doesn't get the same shoddy service you did. (hopefully)
    Of course, easier said than done, and I will admit that I don't do it either-usually.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone else seen the advertisements for the new Latin food show? The hostess looks like a Giada wanna-be with her low cut shirts.

I've seen them, but really didn't notice... I won't be watching that one, unless it's on the weekends, LOL...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I kind of miss the Japenese Iron Chef. They always had interesting seafood dishes. Most of which I would never eat.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2474188;
    I kind of miss the Japenese Iron Chef. They always had interesting seafood dishes. Most of which I would never eat.
    Yeah, I miss seeing the original Iron Chef as much. I always preferred the original (Japanese) version over the Iron Chef America version. Even though I'd never ever in a million years ever eat or prepare any of the dishes they made, the show itself was great to watch, was hard to take my eyes off it. So I still try to catch it when it's on
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I miss the original Iron Chef, too -- not only for the weird-ass dishes, but also for the pure campiness of the whole thing: the Chairman's cape, his bad pronunciation of "allez cuisine" (hell, just the use of the phrase "allez cuisine" -- "go kitchen"?) and the kitschy voiceovers.

I think it would be hella funny if they'd have Japanese voice actors do Japanese-accented voiceovers of the Americans just for fun. Yeah, I know, I'm twisted.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I loved the Japanese "Iron Chef" as well. I, too, loved the voiceovers and the giggling female starlets...it was great! I don't like the American version 'cause Bobby Flay is on too often and I cannot stand looking at him! He can cook for me if he wears a bag over his head...

That show with the Latin-inspires dishes, I believe, is hosted by Ingrid Hoffman. Her looks don't match her Nordic/Germanic name. The food does look good though.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2474765;
    I don't like the American version 'cause Bobby Flay is on too often and I cannot stand looking at him! He can cook for me if he wears a bag over his head...
    I love the American version, mostly because I love Alton's commentary - but I can't stand Bobby Flay either. I hate when they show his hands because I can't stand to look at his nasty fingernails.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I KNOW!!! They are pretty nasty, aren't they? I know that most men wouldn't go in for manicures but when you're on TV and the hands are the focus of so many of the shots...

I love that Giada always has beautifully manicured hands with a light nail polish color on. It looks very fresh and clean!

I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" show. Are they both alive still?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2475468;

I miss the "Two Fat Ladies" show. Are they both alive still?
    Wow...

THAT takes me back...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread