+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 98 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Looks like there are a couple of us "locals".

Paula is a nice lady who has worked very hard for all of her success. I knew her back when she was just getting started and had the Bag Lady business and the first restaurant at the Best Western.

FORT Regular

Thanks Savannah locals! I LOVE it that Paula is so down to earth and neighborly! She looks like she'd be a blast to party with! Like I said before, I really enjoy hearing her talk and that laugh of hers is so infectious! You go, Paula!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

One thing that has alwasy bothered me about Rachel Ray is that she doesn't wash her hands very well after handling raw meat. Sometimes she barely touches the soap.

I also don't think she has many original ideas. I saw that she is planning on adding a new cooking plan to her talk show. She is going to morph one meal into 3 different meals. Robin Miller already has a show all about that on the Food Network. It's called Quick Fix Meals.

I think Rachael has done about all the original thinking she has time for...

She is much too busy with all her other projects to spend time on creating new recipes, doncha think?

I'm not hung up on the hand washing, that's just for show on the show, anyway... Time is money - if she spent the required time scrubbing up, it would be 20 minute meals... That she is making the attempt is doing the covering her A$$ part...

I am 66 years old, and have been cooking for 55 of those years... I take all these cooking cautions and warnings with a giant "salt shaker"...

And, I might add, IMHO... Our current obsession with "germs" in this day and age, is wreaking havoc with both our immune systems and the effectiveness of antibiotics... Germs are getting smarter than our current science can keep up with...

;0))

PK

(The above comes with the requisite disclaimer that the statements made are strictly the opinion of the author of this particular post, and does NOT, repeat, NOT, reflect the opinion of the website, any other poster on this website, or, for that matter, any other member of the human race...)
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2455071;
    One thing that has always bothered me about Rachel Ray is that she doesn't wash her hands very well after handling raw meat. Sometimes she barely touches the soap.
    I can't help but be bothered by that, too. She handled a package of raw chicken this week and did not wash her hands at all. I was distracted by all of the objects she then touched on her counter top.

Anyone else think it's funny that a woman named, Ingrid Hoffman is doing a show, "Deliciouso" about latin food? Apparently, she was born in Coloumbia but I just think it's funny.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Does anyone know what happens to all the leftover food from the network? Do they donate it to charity or just toss it? Some of it I wouldn't want to eat, like Rachel Ray's possibly cross-contaminated 30-minute meals.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2455071;
    One thing that has alwasy bothered me about Rachel Ray is that she doesn't wash her hands very well after handling raw meat. Sometimes she barely touches the soap.
    That has always bothered me too! But not just Rachael Ray... most of the cooks on the Food Network seem to disregard hand washing. I'm not a huge germ freak either, but I often wonder about cross contamination in a lot of their meals.

Emeril is the worst. He wipes the sweat from his face and uses the same towel to wipe down plate edges. And he touches his nose with his bare hand a lot when he is cooking.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Does anyone watch that new show that Giada does? I think it's called Giada's Weekend Getaways. I really like it, to me it's like $40 a Day without the crappy tipping.

+ Reply to Thread