+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I just posted that in the Next Star thread. That I thought I saw a clip of Alton being the judge next week.

This Friday Emeril is doing a show with the Army and Navy chefs showing their stuff. I know in the Navy they send their chefs off to big time schools and they do competitions and stuff. You'd be amazed how much they put into making sure that they have the right training. Anyways, should be a good show. I'm taping it!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2450850;
    I just posted that in the Next Star thread. That I thought I saw a clip of Alton being the judge next week.

This Friday Emeril is doing a show with the Army and Navy chefs showing their stuff. I know in the Navy they send their chefs off to big time schools and they do competitions and stuff. You'd be amazed how much they put into making sure that they have the right training. Anyways, should be a good show. I'm taping it!
    The Navy has the best food of all the armed services. I once knew a Navy cook and I was amazed at what he said they served. He was a cook on a destroyer and they ate amazingly well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2450801;
    I run into Paula almost every time she's back in town. I saw her pumping gas at the station that the locals use this past week and gave her a wave. She was wrapping up a taping of Paula's Party.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Theme: Fire and Ice w/ Dorothy Hamill

Her husband, Michael, works in the area next to ours so we do the usual wave to each other. When she gets back into town, she is definitely just one of the locals. It's pretty cool to see her that way.
    That's really cool, Speedy. I love how Paula pumps her own gas. I think she is the one I would most like to meet out of all the stars.

The food on the ships is usually pretty bland but that's because they have to do that in order to accommodate all the different allergies and stuff. But they can cook and they prove that by the various awards they win. I know that on the ship I was on they would every now and then show off and cook their butts off and it was amazing. As you go up in ranks they send you to various places to learn and compete. My husband was on a destroyer and he loved the food there. He's on a carrier now and he says its still good.

The Army has really amazing cooks too, should be interesting! Just hope Emeril doesn't ruin it for me by going too over the top as he can do at times.

FORT Regular

I've seen two episodes of Dinner Impossible now and have two different impressions of it. The one was where he needed 4,000 o' duerves (know that's not spelled right, but am too lazy to look it up) using mushrooms, venison, and apples---PA's principal products. He called up some students from a culinary arts school. He was pretty good in that one! Seemed like a decent guy.

Then last night we were watching it and he was downright crabby with one of the chefs about having to clean and devein shrimp. Then he himself burned rice twice. Hubby and I thought he was a jerk. But my first impression of him was fine. Any thoughts or opinions on this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2450879;
    That's really cool, Speedy. I love how Paula pumps her own gas. I think she is the one I would most like to meet out of all the stars.
    There's some funnier moments with her around town. Where we live, it's outside of the city on an island where the population is rinky dink. She definitely let's her "local" personna out.

Ledhead- love Dinner Impossible. Sometime's I think Georgie and his other sidekick are purposely set up to be the lugheads for comedy's sake.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2451086;
    There's some funnier moments with her around town. Where we live, it's outside of the city on an island where the population is rinky dink. She definitely let's her "local" personna out.
    I wouldn't call the population of Wilmington Island "rinky dink".

I guess it's perception. To me, Wilmington island is small. I didn't mean rinky dink as in crummy or nasty. Just small.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey

If they build too many more houses out there, the whole place may sink.

Hey SavhLaney and speedbump I live in the area too. I've never seen Paula in person but she looks like she'd be a lot of fun to be around. I wish her restaurant wasn't so darned expensive to eat at or so hard to get into. I waited in line for a long time last month because some out of town relatives really wanted to go. The food is good but the wait time and price keep me from being a regular.

+ Reply to Thread