+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Go to the Forum list and find "Other TV", "Non-Reality Shows" , then the Food Network thread.

For the one on "Next Food Network Star", go to "Other TV", "Other Reality Shows" and look for the thread for that show.

FORT Regular

THANKS SO MUCH Savlaney!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2449104;
    I just flipped on Paula's Party and she has Peter Brady, Chris Knight, on there!! I wish I had the chance to see this one from the beginning. Her cutie pie son Bobby is on there too.
    I saw that one, it was funny. Paula just cracks me up. I saw the one where she was making those cinnamon rolls outside and she kept drooling over her own food. They looked good but again she was cracking me up and her dog was acting up in the back ground, she ended up yelling at her dog to behave. Heeheee

MRD

I'd like to meet Alton. I have a friend in Atlanta and he attends her church, but she has never spoken to him. She says she prefers to leave the poor man alone during church.

I would like to meet Paula Deen. I have a friend that met her and got her to autograph a copy of her magazine for me for my birthday last year. Said she was funny and bawdy. I like her as that was exactly how I was raised. My mom, grandmother, aunts, all cooked like her, talked like her and had a lot of fun like she does. Like someone said upthread, its like coming home to family when I watch her show. And I like how she talks about using her aunts or her grandmothers recipes, because I have a lot of my family's recipes. Most of them have passed away and their recipes written in their own hand keep that link going. I always think of these people when I make the food they passed along to me.

I think Mario is a pompous a##, he does not seem happy to me, he seems to act like he is so much better than everyone else. I don't like his show and I have no wish to meet him.

I'd like to meet that Diner's, Drivein's and Dive's guy and go on an eating roadtrip with him.

Tyler Florence is from here and has been here doing book signings recently. I thought about going, but then thought, naw, I'd have to buy his book and I really don't want it. I do like some of his recipes and I've made quite a few. He seems ok, but he wasn't a "must see" for me when he was in town.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Cartoon Cakes is on (the challenge). Somebody is making Curious George and Betty Boop! This is a great challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2448860;
    Yes, I've seen Cat in Kitchen Accomplished, and I liked her in that show. I like the show itself, because I love seeing kitchen remodels. And although I find her pretty boring in Iron Chef, I do like Cat better in this show. She's not what you'd all animated, but she does show more personality and humor, and some great insight into what helps make a great kitchen.
    Cat Cora is an amazing person in real life. I met her at a food show here in Cleveland last year. She is a great chef and I would love to cook in the kitchen with her any day.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2449368;

I would like to meet Paula Deen. I have a friend that met her and got her to autograph a copy of her magazine for me for my birthday last year. Said she was funny and bawdy.
    I run into Paula almost every time she's back in town. I saw her pumping gas at the station that the locals use this past week and gave her a wave. She was wrapping up a taping of Paula's Party.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Theme: Fire and Ice w/ Dorothy Hamill

Her husband, Michael, works in the area next to ours so we do the usual wave to each other. When she gets back into town, she is definitely just one of the locals. It's pretty cool to see her that way.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I've never seen Kitchen Accomplished, but wish I had because we are in the middle of replacing our kitchen. Not that I'd be able to afford anything they'd probably be showing, but I can dream!
    I like how Cat pours shots of Ouzo for her staff at the end of the Iron Chef challenges. She can be intense when it's needed and let it go when it's not.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2450666;
    Cat Cora is an amazing person in real life. I met her at a food show here in Cleveland last year. She is a great chef and I would love to cook in the kitchen with her any day.
    I think most of the reason I find her boring is because I don't like her cooking style or the types of meals she cooks, so I tend to switch channels when she comes on, or tune her out. So I'm sure that has a lot to do with my thoughts on her. I'm sure she is a great chef, otherwise she wouldn't be on the shows she's on. But I do have a lot of interest in home remodeling, so Spice Up My Kitchen and Kitchen Accomplished are both shows that interest me a lot, so Cora being on one of them means I'll listen to her regarding kitchen remodeling and stocking ideas, even if not for cooking advice. I think she's a good chef personality for that type of show... I can't imagine it being as good if any of the other FN chefs were on it, with the exception of my favorite, Paula Deen. Good lord, if Rachel Ray were on it, I'd have to turn it off entirely! So even though I don't find her cooking interesting, I do find a lot of her kitchen design and supply ideas interesting, and she gets them across well. And it's a smart move having a professional chef be part of the design/remodel crew for a kitchen remodel show. Very smart, indeed.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

I like Cat... Thanks for the refresher on what other show she was on... I enjoy the kitchen redos, too... I had the ultimate good fortune of designing my own from the ground up several years ago when hubby added a new room. I especially like to chuckle at how much better MINE is than theirs...

;0))

PK

Meant to add... I noted Alton will be on Network Star next week... Yay....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread