+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

LOL, we all have different favorites, don't we...

Barefoot Contessa is/was a place that sold food... Not exactly a bakery, and not exactly a cafe... She took it over without knowing ANYTHING... She gave up a very good career to take the plunge... It was very nip and tuck for a while.

The name has to do with a book title, not actual bare feet...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I guess it is a good thing that there are so many different host and shows on FN. Variety is the spice of life, right, lol.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Funny how I never saw this thread before I love FN... I discovered it on bed rest when I was pregnant with my daughter... and have been an addict since.

She and I watch Alton like he was Church on Sunday.. I love him, also doesnt hurt that shes learning a bit of science in the process.

Because of FN I need to head out to Charm City Cakes for her Birthday shes in love with Duff now on Ace of Cakes.

As far as Iron Chef goes.. Love the old one.. like the new one, mostly for Alton and Mario, Mario is one of the best on FN, hands down. Hes just a happy fat man who loves food and loves to cook! Bobby Flay needs to drag himself and his massive ego under a rock and take Rachel Ray with him (Yes Elk, her EVOO is annoying!!). Cat Cora is about as boring as they come for me.

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is one of my new faves.. the host (whos name escapes me now) is a hoot! I love to see people having fun with what they do.. and hes with out a doubt fun

Emeril is boring.. I heard a story of why he started his whole "BAM" thing.. it was to wake up his crew who would fall asleep nearly when he would tape his shows.. hes just so kind of there. Blah to me.

Unwrapped, Secret Life Of and Dinner Impossible are great shows to watch on a late night or rainy day.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FireWoman.... this thread has taken on a life of its own the last couple of days.

I'm with mrstino.... a HUGE fan of Unwrapped and The Secret Life of.... Fun stuff. I love learning how some favorite food is made or celebrated.

I also love watching the different contests, like the Great Pastry BakeOff, the Disney Evil Character cakes, etc... People are so darned creative it makes me insane.

I'm going to have to catch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I liked him last week... will have to find when those shows air.

I can't cook worth a lick, but still enjoy most of the other shows. Paula Deen... love her dearly, but she really makes me uncomfortable when she starts some excessive flirting with men in her audience. Rachael Ray.. like her in small doses with $40 a day, hate her tipping.

My 7 year old nephew will tell you that his favorite channel is the Food Network. From the time he was 4 or 5 he has been watching Emeril, Unwrapped, and Secret Life of. In fact, I believe he's the one that got me addicted to those two shows... it's too cute.

Lois Lane: I don't like the Dean boys either, nepotism at its worst IMO. I tried to watch them and actually sat through a couple of shows but they lack their mothers charm and others are doing that whole concept of "how things are made, lets visit various places" better.

One of my favorite things that Alton did was when he hit the road with his bike and crew and visited various places across the country. Remember? I felt so bad when he fell! But I loved the way he would get in the kitchen and cook and I just got a kick out of his joy in various things. Like when he discovered that cooker in a truck stop that you could set on your engine and have food cooked up by the heat coming off it.

Which FN star woud you most like to meet in person?

I would love to meet alton. we go to a lot of these motorcycle rallies - maybe some day?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2447575;
    Lois Lane:
    One of my favorite things that Alton did was when he hit the road with his bike and crew and visited various places across the country. Remember? I felt so bad when he fell! But I loved the way he would get in the kitchen and cook and I just got a kick out of his joy in various things. Like when he discovered that cooker in a truck stop that you could set on your engine and have food cooked up by the heat coming off it.
    I saw That!

And he made and smoked bacon from stuff he found in a junk yard... I have actually made bacon for seasoning, LOL, so I really loved that one...

I am now amazed at just how much FN I have watched!

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2446585;
    Every time I see Mario Batali I get sort of grossed out. He comes off as so greasy and icky. But then I see him smiling and doing his thing on Iron Chef and I forget all over again that initial impression of ICK.
    I feel the same way only his smile doesn't make me forget it.

I LOVE Alton. I really enjoyed watching Feasting on Asphalt especially when they went to the county in Kansas where I grew up. I cracked up when they showed the difference between Kansas and Colorado. Only difference was the road conditions.

Bobby Flay is ok. I enjoy watching him on Iron Chef and Throwdown. But I do think he's a bit arrogant.

Can't stand Giada for all the reasons mentioned in prior posts.

I used to watch Emeril alot but he's become rather boring.

Don't like Paula. Her accent seems over-exaggerated and annoying.

Well just because it would earn me brownie points for life with the hubby (LOL!), I would choose to meet Alton. Hubby is a huge fan of his and never misses a show. When he's underway he makes me tape them all so he can catch up when he gets back.

Yep, I would meet Alton just so the hubby could meet his food idol.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2447594;
    I would love to meet either Alton or Paula Deen. I think they would be the most fun to talk to.

And as a side note I sort of like the Deen boys show. Not that interesting but they are nice to look at.

+ Reply to Thread