+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

On a side note (something food related)
    Has anyone seen History on a Bun Parts 1 and 2? They are about 2 hours each and aired on the history channel. It talks about the beginnings of fast food items as we know it and more!

Also, during the holiday season Biography aired a few shows on some fast food icons. Colonel Sanders (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Dave Thomas (Wendy's), and Ray Kroc (McDonalds).

Anyone else into that kind of stuff?
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

I watch Iron Chef and Unwrapped.

Bobby Flay is an asshole..very arrogant. I'll purposely change the channel when I see he's on air. mho
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno! You said a bad word!! I gotta agree, the Flay can go away...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

thats ok, he wasn't dissing another poster... and Bobby is an asshole.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    Maveno! You said a bad word!! I gotta agree, the Flay can go away...
    (kicking the door to this thread open)...I am a Food TV junkie too! Bobby Flay is a ...uhmmm...what Maveno said I don't like him at all. The thing with Iron Chef was just plain embarrassing for the USA.

My all time favorite has to be Good Eats. East Meets West is another favorite. We even get vintage Galloping Gourmet -- it's hilareous! Just about any show that doesn't include Bobby Flay or Martha (she is boring) is fine with me. I love this channel. It's my default channel too!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Duxxy! Thank god someone else here gets Canadian Food TV.. I love LOVE LOOOOOVE Sugar. It's my favorite show. I've made a number of her desserts.. they're all phenomenal. I made the White and Dark Chocolate Mascarpone Charlotte, and the Orange Bavarian Cream Torte for a friends birthday.. I admit, I used to work for a baker, so it wasn't like super difficult for me.. but they really weren't too difficult anyway.

I love A Cooks Tour, and Kitchen Confidential is hilarious.. and sadly quite accurate. Iron Chef is hilarious, I love watching Chen sweat into his food. NASTY! Christine Cushing Live is great.. and Canadian Living Cooks makes me laugh, because all 3 of them are so uncool it's not even funny. Tyler's Ultimate is pretty good.. nice and informational.

I HATE Rachel Ray. She is easily the most obnoxious personality on television. My friend and I watch 30 Minute Meals together, and tally the number of times she laughs at her own stupidity and dumb jokes, and the number of times she says "Oh that smells great". It's a fun game. I also hate $40 a Day.. as do a lot of waiters I know. I'm sorry, but dining is NOT about getting a cheap meal.. dining is an experience, and unless she is in Europe or Australia where tip is included, a $1 or $2 tip is just NOT acceptable.

I can't stand Emeril either. I don't like the way he talks to the audience as if they were stupid. The business about the knobs having "high, low, medium" was obnoxious enough the first time I heard it.. the 500th time was just overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I HATE Rachel Ray. She is easily the most obnoxious personality on television. My friend and I watch 30 Minute Meals together, and tally the number of times she laughs at her own stupidity and dumb jokes, and the number of times she says "Oh that smells great". It's a fun game.

I've watched 30 Minute Meals with others and we do the same thing. How many times does she say either "How good does that look/smell" or "I know how to make (insert dessert here) because I was a fountain girl at Hojo's"? I'm pretty sure there's a drinking game baed on the show somewhere on the web. (I will admit, though, that I've tried some of her recipes and they're actually quite good). I hate $40 a Day because of how overly excited she tends to get over everything.

As for other shows... I love Good Eats, Unwrapped and Top 5. I used to like Emeril but he's too overexposed for my taste. And count me in as another person who thinks that Bobby Flay is an a-hole. My sister's nickname for him is Super Elastic Plastic Man.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    It's cool to watch Food network when nothing else is on TV... you can pick up some useful information... =D Chicks dig a guy who can cook 'em something =P

and the only two bigger tools on earth than Bobby Flay are Carson Daly and Ryan Seacrest

actually, Flay might even out-tool Daly

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo

I've watched 30 Minute Meals with others and we do the same thing. How many times does she say either "How good does that look/smell" or "I know how to make (insert dessert here) because I was a fountain girl at Hojo's"? I'm pretty sure there's a drinking game baed on the show somewhere on the web. (I will admit, though, that I've tried some of her recipes and they're actually quite good). I hate $40 a Day because of how overly excited she tends to get over everything.

As for other shows... I love Good Eats, Unwrapped and Top 5. I used to like Emeril but he's too overexposed for my taste. And count me in as another person who thinks that Bobby Flay is an a-hole. My sister's nickname for him is Super Elastic Plastic Man.
    OMG.. I am such a loser. I just laughed and snorted at that awful comment about her working at Hojo's. What the hell is Hojo's anyway? I suppose it's cuz I'm Canadian that I dunno what that is.. but oye vey! (I'm also Jewish) I actually assumed her recipes might be good.. I mean.. it's not hard to cook, and based on what she does.. it can't be THAT difficult.. but yeah.. she just annoys me.. If you find the drinking game.. I'd love it.. cuz my friend and I would far rather get drunk watching her than tally up a score. I'd much rather tally it with drinks.

As for Bobby Flay.. I must admit, I've only seen him once so I can't judge.. but he does seem like a tool.

OH! And I hate Tyler Florence's laugh.

Hojo's=Howard Johnsons, a hotel chain that used to (might still have) casual style restaurants. Big deal Racheal, and cut it out with the "EVOO" and the salt over the shoulder schtick already and let the grownups cook
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread