+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Ewwww I hate semi-rare meat. I do not want to see anything red or bloodish in my meat! I didn't notice that about the burgers, ick, glad I wasn't the judge now. I would have told them to put those babies back on the grill!

I think my favorite throw-down was the one with errr... Captain Disco? Was that his name? The really cute and funny/sweet Marine Captain that beat Flay in a steak cook off.

Huh, I just went to their website to see whats on tonight and they are billing Giada as the "Queen of Italian Cooking". There was a coronation? And we didn't know about it or were invited? The nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2446587;

I have a copy of Everyday Italian and I have made several of the recipes. I love the Marinara Sauce, it's simple and I'll never buy sauce in a jar again - it's that good.

....very upper crusty snot. I really hate when she says "use good vanilla" or "good olive oil" or whatever it is she's using. It just sounds so condescending.
    Hah... I have to agree with the Contessa's "Hamptonese"...

Is Giada's marinara sauce recipe on the network? Or posted in recipes? I have paste tomatoes about to come in, and that would be an excellent use of them.. I trust "real people's" take on any of these recipes the most...

I guess I will look... Duh!

;0))

PK

Recipes : Marinara Sauce : Food Network
    Last edited by PK...; 06-20-2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Found the info...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I like my burger done, and my steak medium rare...

It seems a dichotomy, but I like my burgers thin and larger than the bun, well peppered and double cheese, thank you very much... The buns grilled and lots of mayo, pickles, tomato and lettuce... Vidalias, if in season... Slap the cheese on the burger when it is flipped, and top with half the bun... Grill press optional, but a nice touch...

Bottom bun slathered with mayo, and piled with lettuce, pickles and tomato - oninons as above... Top with burger/cheese/bun, wrap securely in several paper towels, and go to heaven...

Dang! NO burgers tonight...

Tomorrow...

;0))

PK

I want to like Paula Deen, I really do. But that cackle she has affects me just like nails on a chalkboard. Just like that lady judge on DYTYCD. So I don't watch that show either.

Ina Garten is pretty cool. But yeah, the good vanilla, good chocolate thing has got to go.

I go to a waiters message board and they all hate RR. One reason being her 40 per day show where she stiffs the help on the tips. There was a pretty funny bit on her on youtube done by Mad Tv.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

I saw the hamburger throwdown too. The biggest problem is that the med rare meet can have E Coli and that is why restaurants won't serve it this way. I think FN is taking on a huge responsibility allowing this. Steaks are different (I love a rare steak) because the are not gound in the grinder along with the pork and stuff. So I was disturbed too by the pink hamburger.

Really? With a lot of the places around here serving steak burgers (angus, top sirloin, etc) I'm seeing more and more medium rare (ick.. the hubby loves it that way.. I like mine charred!) It never even occurred to me that some places wouldn't serve it that way. Now that i think about it and what you said about it being ground with everything else, my stomach turned.

Yeah, FN should watch what they are putting out.

FORT Fogey

I like my steaks medium-rare and my burgers with a trace of pink in the middle. If they are well-done, they seem dry to me.

I am thinking there is much too much concern about e-coli in meat and chicken... (This is the opinion of the individual poster above, only, and does not necessarily reflect that of the board, or any other poster therein... )

I am sure the upscale restaurants have much more stringent controls in place with their providers/butchers than those of us buying from the supermarkets... The fast food chains never serve anything less than well done... Yet, they are still the major source of food poisoning... Go figure...

It is to the point that any company with deep pockets has to list all possible "stupid human tricks" on every product... It is not to protect us, but to protect "them"...

If you ever want a good laugh, go to Wal*Mart, or some such and read the safety warnings on the ladders...

Sorry, got off on one of my pet peeves...

Disregard...

;0))

PK

FORT Fogey

Now chicken is a whole 'nother story...it better be cooked all the way through and fish too. No uncooked sushi for me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2446956;
    I am thinking there is much too much concern about e-coli in meat and chicken... (This is the opinion of the individual poster above, only, and does not necessarily reflect that of the board, or any other poster therein... )

I am sure the upscale restaurants have much more stringent controls in place with their providers/butchers than those of us buying from the supermarkets... The fast food chains never serve anything less than well done... Yet, they are still the major source of food poisoning... Go figure...

It is to the point that any company with deep pockets has to list all possible "stupid human tricks" on every product... It is not to protect us, but to protect "them"...

If you ever want a good laugh, go to Wal*Mart, or some such and read the safety warnings on the ladders...

Sorry, got off on one of my pet peeves...

Disregard...

;0))

PK
    Good points. w/chicken it is salmonella not e-coli.
    Actuall I got food poisoning from a five star. I just think a reminder of good food handling and processing is warranted.

+ Reply to Thread