+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

No mention of Mario Batali?? It's weird because I don't even care for Italian food, but he's my favorite FN chef. I love watching him on Iron Chef America. I also like Bobby Flay, although I see a lot of you don't. I think his food would taste great. Rachel Ray dances on my last nerve along with Sandra Lee and Giada. I'd love to eat Emeril's food, but he's pretty irritating at times, too. I do like Alton Brown, especially as a host on Iron Chef America. Paula Deen - she probably does my favorite type of cooking, but who could eat that stuff every day? Way too much fat! She seems to have a wonderful, warm personality which goes along with her homecooked meals. Ina Garten relaxes me when I watch her show...she's so unexciting...lol!

FORT Fogey

I rarely watch Iron Chef so I am not a big fan of Batali.

Bobby Flay is arrogant, but entertaining.

Ina Garten is kind of boring to me.

FORT Regular

OK, just finishing watching (a rerun, since they're talking about Thanksgiving coming up, lol) Rachel Ray this morning, and it dawned on me what I like so much about her. Contrary to what irritates those who don't like her, that's what I like about RR. She reminds me of my Italian cousins who always make a family gathering lively! They're so full of life and enthusiasm!

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

That's funny...

After talking about the channel yesterday, when everything on was a repeat, I switched over to FN... And watched Alton, too... Funny, I don't mind repeats on FN...

And I watched Bobby Flay's burger challenge with the opera singer for about the third or fourth time...

I fell asleep and woke up to Rachael's $40s...... I just left it on until the DVR shut itself off, LOL...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I agree with the person who said they love Unwrapped! I love that and The Secret Life Of...

I love seeing the shows about food that give a backstory. I could watch those all day.

Every time I see Mario Batali I get sort of grossed out. He comes off as so greasy and icky. But then I see him smiling and doing his thing on Iron Chef and I forget all over again that initial impression of ICK.

I've watched the Opera singer throw down (more than once lol) and love it. I keep meaning to try that burger. It looks different and yummy. But I also love Cubans and the burger that Bobby made looked yummy too. Oh to have been the judge for that one! LOL

I dont mind the reruns on FN either plus it makes great background noise when you are just fiddling around the room. LOL

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2445476;
    I'm bumping this thread.

I can't stand how Sandra Lee matches her outfits to her kitchen.
    It's more like they match the kitchen to her outfits. I softened on her a bit when I saw her Chefography, but she still irritates the crap out of me. The "tablescapes" are ridiculous, the whole idea of the show is to save you time by using storebought ingredients but what's the point if you have to run to the craft store and make stuff to put on the table every day?

I have a copy of Everyday Italian and I have made several of the recipes. I love the Marinara Sauce, it's simple and I'll never buy sauce in a jar again - it's that good. I think she dresses to show off her implants, because I don't remember her filling out a sweater quite that well in her early shows.

I have also made a lot of recipes from Barefoot Contessa. She annoys me though because even though she seems like a really nice lady, she also comes across as very upper crusty snot. I really hate when she says "use good vanilla" or "good olive oil" or whatever it is she's using. It just sounds so condescending.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2446585;
    I dont mind the reruns on FN either plus it makes great background noise when you are just fiddling around the room. LOL
    And there you have it.... I think you nailed it...

The REAL reason to watch FN... If you are watching, it's interesting, if you are busy, you've not lost anything... White noise for the homemaker...

That is not very complimentary to the network, though, is it...

;0))

PK watching now, BTW... Rachael Ray... Wish I could afford those Portobellos!! And the crab meat...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2446585;
    Every time I see Mario Batali I get sort of grossed out. He comes off as so greasy and icky. But then I see him smiling and doing his thing on Iron Chef and I forget all over again that initial impression of ICK.

I've watched the Opera singer throw down (more than once lol) and love it. I keep meaning to try that burger. It looks different and yummy. But I also love Cubans and the burger that Bobby made looked yummy too. Oh to have been the judge for that one! LOL

I love the throwdown shows (and I also like how Bobby Flay doens't always win- it seems he loses more than wins) However, I was completely grossed out watching the burger throw down- does everyone eat raw hamburgers? I can't eat hamburgers unless they are well, extra well done, but every burger on that throwdown was medium to med rare. Ick!

elk

Alton Brown is my favourite, whether he is in Good Eats or hosting ACA. He is entertaining, informative and very funny.

I kind of like Ina. Like Martha Stewart, she seems to live in a fantasy world where your home is a showpiece, you have tons of well cared for grounds, and there are no money woes. I have made a few of her recipes and they all turned out nicely. The whole "use good olive oil, chocolate, vanilla" thing annoys me too, though.

Rachael Ray is starting to wear on me. The EVOO and the Yummo comments bug me. I must admit she has some great ideas, though, and I've made quite a few of her suggestions. I just think she is over exposed.

Paula Deen is kind of a hoot. Her stuff always looks awesome (and so bad for ya!). I recently read her autobiography and she's led a pretty interesting life. Her sons are pretty easy on the eyes, too!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

+ Reply to Thread