+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Food Network

I like Giada's recipes, but she's a bit much to watch. Everytime she says something's "perfect" I want to smack her. And it also bothers me how she over pronounces the Italian words. I know that's the proper way to say it, but it still annoys me for some reason when she does it.

Just like I want to smack Tyler Florence every time he says a piece of food is "beautiful." Some things, ok. But a green bean? Shut the F up!

If I was having a bad day, I'd want to eat something the Butter Lady (aka Paula Dean) whipped together.

I can't stand Alton Brown. He reminds me of a guy I know and that bothers me.

Emeril--I'm sure his food is good but all his little noises are irritating.

Bobby Flay--I don't care how good his food may be. I can't stomach looking at him.

That Sandra Lee person...ugh! She has a horrible TV personality (and also needs a better support bra). All her dishes look pretty tasteless to me as well.

The Barefoot Contessa makes tasty looking meals but she seems like a such an annoying fuss budget.

I love Rachael Ray, mainly because her recipes are easy to follow and I can actually make them in around 30 minutes.

OK, I'll go take my nap now so I promise to be less cranky with my next post!

FORT Fan

I love all of the Food Network shows. My fav's are Throwdown (I love Bobby Flay!) I also love Iron Chef.
    I used to love $40.00 a day, but got tired of watching Rachael always taste the food, and roll her eyes and act like she was in heaven with every bite. I actually have *the look and taste* part down that I could mimick her easily. I also think she is quite cheap- when she totals the bills, she may come out at under $40.00 bucks, but she shortchanges the service staff on tips. (as a longtime foodservice employee things like that stick out and bug me) I actually tried to email the show and tell them that tipping these days is around 18 to 20 plus % (10 and 15% tips are so 20 years ago!)

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I have so many favorite FN shows and I too don't always watch it to make the recipes, but if something sticks out to me I'll definitely make it.

Personally, wardrobe choices aside, I actually like Giada. Her food always looks great.

I absolutely love Paula Deen! I love her personality and her food always looks delicious.

Alton Brown is really entertaining to me. I love watching his show and I actually feel like I learn something when I watch him.

I used to really love Rachael Ray and Emeril, but they got to be too much for me. I love $40 a day but I also can't stand that she tips such a tiny percent. I just really like seeing the restaurants she goes to.

And I love Guy's show Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I love breakfast food and diner food and his personality is perfect for that show. I love it!

Basically though I'll watch almost anything on Food Network.

You are all so funny! Thanks for bumping the thread just for the morning laugh!
    I like Giada some, but my first and lasting impression is that I'd like to hold her down and force feed her some of her own food. She is too thin to convince me that she cooks all that much!
    Barefoot Contessa bores me.
    Paula - can take her in small doses, but I think she'd be fun to have cocktails with.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Regular

Hi! I'm new! This is my first post. Looks like a nice site here. From the posts I've read, people seem friendly here.

I love Food Network! I didn't see previous seasons of Next Food Network Star, but I'm really getting hooked on it this time! I was so glad to see Cologne go! She irritated me from the time she was the team captain of that challenge where they catered the wedding of 100. SHE was supposed to be the leader, and all she did was whine that everyone blamed what went wrong on her. Hello? It all WAS her fault, or almost all of it. She not only wasn't a team leader, she wasn't even a team PLAYER! And yes, they should've all been working together for the good of the team, but she was the one dragging butt! That became more obvious when the other team did so well! After that, her every screw up was pronounced for me.

I actually like Rory, although from reading here, I think I'm in the minority. I didn't see her on that other reality show. I don't think she'll make it though. I like JAG too, but I didn't at first. I kind of liked Paul, but he makes me nervous with all his fidgeting. I also like Michael and Adrian.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2445542;
    Alright, two threads to discuss the Food Network.

I like Paula Deen and any of the Rachael Ray shows.

Guy's two shows are good also. And I like Alton Brown.
    This thread is to discuss the channel in general. The other is to discuss the show The Next Food Network Star.

Ledhead

FORT Newbie

I posted some stuff on FN Star. But I do want to say, I really like Paula Deen. I would not eat a lot of her food because I would weigh 300 lbs but she is very entertaining.

I too have had enough of Rachel Ray. I like the comment about the song you like that is overplayed. Plus, I am not really sure about these shows where they go around eating and not cooking. I have a teenage son. If I want to watch someone eat, I can pretty much look at him and that's what he'll be doing.

The worst part of Rachel Ray is how much she talks with her hands. If you tied her hands together I am convinced she would be mute. And frankly she just talks too much. While she cooks she tells us way too much about herself. Frankly I am not that interested.

In all fairness to Rachel, though, I have made a few of her dishes and they were very good and went over well with the fam.

Used to like Giada, but since FN Star I can't stand her. I thought she was very cruel to the contestants and was very arrogant. I have never made any of her recipes so I don't even know if she can even really cook.

Sandra Lee is tacky! I hate those tablescapes, they look like a party store garage sale. But I like the cocktail thing, it shows she can loosen up.

Gotta love Emeril but his stuff is usually too complicated for me (too many ingredients, too much time). Love the show.

Tyler Florence is such a hottie but a bit of a spaz.

I did not see much in the posts about Ellie Krieger. I really like her. She is pretty, sweet, and her food is GREAT and healthy. I think she should have a primetime show.

I have learned more from Alton Brown than anyone else.

Ina Garten is OK to watch but I have not seen anything of hers I want to make. She seems kind of stuck up.

Thanks for this forum. I love FN but nobody I know is into cooking so it is nice to be able to exchange opinions with other fans.

FORT Regular

Yeah sorry, I realized that after I saw my post underneath all those other posts. Guess I got too excited.

Oh well, here goes for what's supposed to be here. I absolutely LOVE Paula Deen! Esp since I found out she is as likable as she seems in real life! I get such a kick out of her accent! I could listen to her talk all day. I like Rachel Ray too, but mostly for her $40 A Day and Tasty Travels. I also really like her morning show on ABC. I love her personality.

I think my favorite show on Food Network though is Unwrapped. I also like Alton Brown.

my favorite - Alton Brown , hands down.
    he makes the educational part of cooking fun.

I also enjoy Wrapped Up with Marc Summers - not crazy about Marc - but like seeing all the topics they cover.

Giada - lollipop effect for me. Her head is way too big for her body. Sounds like her head is way too big anyhow.

Rachel, used to love the show. Still lilke a lot of it, but mostly leave it on for background noise and nothing else is on at that time.

watched FNS last time - haven't seen any this time.

I miss George Stella. He helped me a LOT in my lifestyle. But I guess he was a victim of the FAD part of LC - there are still a lot of people doing it, but they are serious about it - the FAD part has passed.

FORT Fogey

My son and I were watching Alton last night. It was his show where he tests different cooking myths and proves them right or wrong.

+ Reply to Thread