+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Regular
    What do you guys think of Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis ?

I think she cooks great but she is a little irritating. Is she married?

food network faves

The host of Everyday Italian is less annoying than the host of Semi-Homemade, IMO. The guy who hosts The Secret Life Of... annoys me, though! Honestly, I've only seen the show a couple of times, but he seems really loud and out-there. Hmm...

I do love anything with Alton Brown, though!! He's so smart and extremely witty -- he really knows what he's talking about, too.. and can even make the science behind food interesting. That's pretty awesome

PS: I don't know if she's married or not. Just wanted to say that I registered the question, just don't know the answer
    Last edited by build_me_up; 06-10-2005 at 02:05 AM. Reason: unanswered question
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Giada de Laurentiis is married, I think his name is Todd.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I loved watching A cook's tour. Too bad it is not on anymore. Anything with Jamie Oliver was great. Nigella also. I like Rachel Ray, she is geeky in a "sucks" way. A little much sometimes, but her 30 minute meals are always interesting.

I cannot sit through Good eats, Christina Cushing Live (very condescending) and Emeril.

Giada is a cutie and as an Italian I find her recipes are very traditional in a good way. However, I can't help but think she has the shape of a lollipop. Stick thin body with a big head.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    I loved watching A cook's tour. Too bad it is not on anymore. Anything with Jamie Oliver was great. Nigella also. I like Rachel Ray, she is geeky in a "sucks" way. A little much sometimes, but her 30 minute meals are always interesting.

I cannot sit through Good eats, Christina Cushing Live (very condescending) and Emeril.

Giada is a cutie and as an Italian I find her recipes are very traditional in a good way. However, I can't help but think she has the shape of a lollipop. Stick thin body with a big head.
    How can you not like Emeril? I love his show and he is always cooking the best looking food. Very original in his themes I think.

Quote Originally Posted by annimal
    How can you not like Emeril? I love his show and he is always cooking the best looking food. Very original in his themes I think.
    I think Emeril's solo show is pretty boring, but his live show is great. He is really good with the crowd and the musicians.

I'm not really a fan of Giada. I think I like her voice more than her look. And I love Italian food, but never get too excited about what she is making. It's just kind of a bland show to me.

Alton Brown is cool. I like Good Eats.

Chach, I think of Emeril as that "angry fuzzy guy" most times...I don't know, it's just that he seems to be seething through his antics sometimes! It's that latin temper
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    I think Emeril's solo show is pretty boring, but his live show is great. He is really good with the crowd and the musicians.
    I'm the opposite- I'm sick of his live shows and love Essence of Emeril. I'd rather see him focus on the food rather than entertaining the crowd. Side note: I went to his New Orleans Fish House in Las Vegas several years back and although it was extremely expensive it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I'm the opposite- I'm sick of his live shows and love Essence of Emeril. I'd rather see him focus on the food rather than entertaining the crowd. Side note: I went to his New Orleans Fish House in Las Vegas several years back and although it was extremely expensive it was worth it.
    I have to admit that I can't cook, so I guess I enjoy the energy of the live shows. I just watch Food TV when I'm hungry and bored.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    I'm the opposite- I'm sick of his live shows and love Essence of Emeril.
    I never saw Essence of Emeril. Maybe that is why I don't like him. I don't like his live show. Enough with the "bam" and the people whooing and wowing. It's worse than an infomercial.

+ Reply to Thread