+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Oh Sleepy, I didn't realize the worlds of Rachael Ray and Law & Order had collided for you!
    Snowy, I was SHOCKED when I saw that episode. Season 15, "Dining Out", just to prove I'm not hallucinating. I was in such shock that I barely paid attention to the scene (they were arresting a chef on murder charges as he was taping the show). My only disappointment was that it wasn't Rachael being cuffed.

FORT Regular
    Any Canadians here?

On The Food Network Canada, there's a show called "Christine Cushing Live". Does anyone know if Christine Cushing is married and/or has children? I can't find this information in her online biography.

rachel ray defense

Wow... I'm surprised to find I'm one of the only Rachel Ray fans!! I watch "30 Minute Meals" every day at 5 when I have nothing else to do... I happen to like the fact that she seems like a friendly extrovert. Of course she laughs at her own jokes - who else is going to? The camera guy? The woman who hosts the show "Semi-Homemade", however, gets annoying sometimes. Also, I like "$40 a Day" and I'm a waitress. I haven't paid that much attention to how much she tips, honestly, but it's just part of the show... they need to save money! Plus, the restaurant obviously gets major publicity -- more customers for those waiters! :wink Hope I eased some of your concerns...

I do love Food Network and it's one of the first channels I flip to! to Bobby Flay.
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

I like Rachel Ray's show, I just can't stand her VOICE. It drives me nuts.

Plus, I saw an episode the other day where she had kids on, and she was so ....ugh, what word am I looking for here? She tried so hard to be "cool" it really made me ill. Plus, she said "cool" about a million times.

On the other hand, I LOVE the show "Good Eats" with Alton Brown, he is very interesting!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fan
    Sometimes Rachel Ray's voice reminds me of Roseann Roseannadanna from the old SNL skits. Thanks

Rachael's tipping...yegads. She's nurturing tightwads everywhere. I hope someone drops some visine in her water with lemon one day. Sandra Lee horrifies me with her food creations, the worst being her Kwanzaa cake with corn nuts. Think I'm kidding? I jest not:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._25303,00.html

Enter if you dare.

I know he's not on foodnetwork any longer, but none of Jamie Oliver's dishes from his myriad books have failed me, and they are all great. Same goes for Nigella Lawson.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Rachel's voice gets to me too. But I had to chime in and say that Alton Brown's Good Eats always seems to get me interested. Good show!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Yeah, not a Rachael Ray lover here either. I don't hate her, but I don't like watching any of her shows. Her $40 a day one I find a bit silly because she's really not making any big news there... as someone who spent years on the road during one phase of my budding career, I know that you can easily eat great for $40 and less any day of the year. In fact, I could usually get much better meals in a day for under $40, but she acts like it's a lost skill or something. And yeah.... she could tip better. Other than that, I just don't really like her personality.

Now, I really jumped in here to agree about Alton Brown's 'Good Eats' show. I only started catching that a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty interesting, in a different way. I now know all about 'blooming' my jello But he does have some interesting programs, from what I've see so far.

My favorite shows on Food Network though, continue to be 'Unwrapped', Paula Deen's show, and 'The Secret Life of ...'
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses

My favorite shows on Food Network though, continue to be 'Unwrapped', Paula Deen's show, and 'The Secret Life of ...'

I'll watch anything Jim O'Connor hosts
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Unwrapped and Good Eats are awsome shows. I also like "the secret life of..." The host is'nt spectacular.. but he's certainly not as horrible as the top 5 guy. Rachel Ray is... *shudder* She needs to go. And anyway, she breaks the rules on $40 a day. My husband pointed it out. In one episode she bought this bracelet thing that get's you into all the bars without paying covers or something. But she never added the cost of the bracelet into the $40, so she technically went way over. *lame*

Once I was being courted by a lovely guy from the south. He was very cute, with an amazing personality and a lot of similar hobbies as mine. Anyway, he told me that he watches 30 min meals every day at lunch with his mother because the host reminded him of me. I said "that's what you think of me?!" I never got over that. Thank God or I might not have married the right man!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread