+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey
    Rachael Ray annoys me too. Way too perky. Krisily, on the Bachelor, reminded me of Rachael. Even cutting her slack for completing a meal in 30 minutes, including trips back and forth to the refridgerator, I find her creations common and uninspired.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 05-22-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Just a side note here, I noticed on Law and Order last night the suspect was a celebrity chef and he was using Rachel Ray's kitchen.

Carry on.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Okay, I understand what you guys are saying about her perkiness. She smiles a lot..maybe its just to not scare the viewers away..a down home kinda of attitude may draw more viewers...
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I like Paula Deen a lot. But your Martha Stewart comment in this paragraph is what piqued my attention. I've only been watching the Food Network for about a year or so, so not familiar with everyone who's ever had a show there. Did Martha Stewart have her own show on the channel at one time?
    No, she had her friend Ina (the "Barefoot Contessa") on the Martha Stewart show that ran on CBS weekday mornings. I think Martha also had a FoodTV show, but that's not where I saw this. She also had her guest host a few shows, which I am convinced were Ina's "audition tapes" and the springboard for getting her own show on FoodTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    The thing with Rachel Ray ...she leaves like, a total of $1 dollar tip, or something like that.
    i also hate her "uhmmmmmm, that is so good, yum" type deelio that she does.
    Yeah, you'd think they would be ashamed to show what cheap tippers they are. That is not the place to save a few pennies if you are on a budget!

I also hate it on her 30 minute show when she giggles at her own jokes.

FORT Fan
    I like a few of the shows on the Food Network but the one show that I really tried not to miss was "A Cook's Tour". It was different from anything else on the channel and I really like Bourdain's sense of humor. I hope he reappears with another series somewhere.

I also like the $40 a Day show but the thing that gets me about that is how often Rachel Ray cheats and doesn't really have 3 meals. She'll have 2 and an appetizer or 2 and a drink or a snack. If they're not going to stick to the basic idea then what's the point. Thanks

Just wanted to let you guys know I merged the "Food Network Shows" thread with ye olde Foot Network thread, so you can now all relive the magic of Rachael Ray bashing. Haters!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Just wanted to let you guys know I merged the "Food Network Shows" thread with ye olde Foot Network thread
    Oh no, Snowflake! You merged us with the Foot Network thread! Does that mean we're gonna be getting recipes for toe jam?

Disclaimer: No snowflakes were harmed in the typing of this bad joke at SnowflakeGirl's typo expense. SnowflakeGirl is still intact and still beloved, and is currently looking for a big mallet to hit me with.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Thank you for merging the threads, Snowy. Now I can whine about Rachael Ray in one place. *hides from phat*

ETA: I also saw that Law & Order episode where they used the 30 Minute Meals set. I was very amused.

Oh Sleepy, I didn't realize the worlds of Rachael Ray and Law & Order had collided for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    Oh no, Snowflake! You merged us with the Foot Network thread! Does that mean we're gonna be getting recipes for toe jam?

Disclaimer: No snowflakes were harmed in the typing of this bad joke at SnowflakeGirl's typo expense. SnowflakeGirl is still intact and still beloved, and is currently looking for a big mallet to hit me with.
    Oh my word, I was so excited at having done my first thread merge (which is no mean feet, by the way ) that I totally didn't notice that! I'm a complete moron.

What a difference one little letter makes! What's worse is there probably is a Foot Network out there somewhere, with all the new channels they keep inventing. It's probably some squicky fetish-type thing on cable.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ok I have to reply....

I AM A FOOD NETWORK JUNKIE! I Love Paula even though if I cooked all that, I would be 600 pounds, but have tried a few recipes and they have never failed me! I watch Rachel too and I agree with everyone on her over perkiness and what a BAD tipper ( i know the crew has to be tipping just to do the shoot right? I hope) Now for self torture Ive been tring to find that FHM spread and keep coming up with errors on page, my hubby *likes* her and I want to see bad photos! LOL anyone help me with active links?

Bobby Flay is a buttwipe, but I love him for using chilis and hot spices in almost everything he does-thats MY way of grilling-and that boy can GRILL (not Boy meets GIRL, (Barbara Walters if your reading this!)

All this slamming of Rachel Ray-her show Just Dish -she was with the guy from ER and 8 mile, his name starts with an M-I call him the HOT guy (enough said) and she was obviously DRUNK and fawning all over him-I was so embarrassed for her-when repeats come on -CLICK!

+ Reply to Thread