+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Mad House on Sci-fi channel

I had a feeling going into this show that I'd like it, well it FAR surpassed that and I absolutely loved it!! Just a shame I'm far too open minded to ever be considered for such a show because for me that would be just perfect...I may not like or necessarily believe in all the Alts might, but heck if I wouldn't give it all a chance and be game for whatever!!

I personally got a good giggle out of them thinking the Alts were "well paid actors"...a couple of them maybe...but there's no way to fake the Modern Primitive stuff. Especially on the snippets we've seen of the hangings (although the guests don't know about those yet)....you just don't go out and do that sort of thing unless you're pretty well into the body mod scene...not to mention the extremely large ear plugs and labret piercing, those aren't your run of the mill mods...oh my you can tell that I do like that sort of stuff.

There's also a US replay of the show I believe at 1am, that's the one that I caught with all the other shows I was watching that evening. Personally can't wait for next week...I think I have a new favorite show.

After reading all of the praises here I'm thinking I'll have to give the show another chance. Maybe it was my mood or something but I was not blown away by Mad Mad House. It's a great premise though.
    I'll see how I feel after the second episode.

I'm watching a replay of Mad Mad yet again (hey it's Sunday and I'm finding nothing else on the tv so what they heck)....something is bothering me, timeframe of the show. How often are the Alts picking their new roommates? Every 2-3 days it's seeming like to me, but I could be wrong.

From episode 1 they showed the evening introduction of the houseguests and hosts, picking of the roommates, then bedtime. Next segment showed the bloodbath game, which I'm assuming was the next night. Next segment had the poolside lunch and voodoo ritual then elimination. I'm thinking this was over the course of three days...just wondering if I was correct with this assumption. I'm also guessing that first thing next episode will be new roommate picks...guess we'll have to wait and see for that though. Just bothers me that I'm not sure how long these chains of events are taking place.

I LOVED the show! It's fresh, fun, and unique. Plus, it actually teaches you something!

I was kind of insulted when that guy doubted their religions/lifestyle and who they are by saying they are well paid. I mean, "That's not real, that's pen!!" WHAT THE FUDGE? It was extremely disrespectful. I've heard of people who are exactly like the people on the show. Even the vampire. The only reason the vampire seems so funny is because of what movies and Buffy make them to be

I absolutely cannot wait until next week.

Also, I must say that boy who broke the tie is an idiot!! Talk about thinking with your pee-wee instead of your brain.

I really liked the first episode, and I think this show will be really interessting. I think Avocado is very cute and sweet, taking time to talk to Kelly when she was upset. He could walk around naked in my bedroom I'm not too sure about Don, holding the casket lid closed like that was a bit mean, I would have freaked out. But I really liked the other alts, and I think I could get along fine with them. Did you guys notice, there is a competition, if you win the five alt will come to your house and watch the final episode with you, that wouldn't be bad at all, maybe I should enter (I would have to clean my house, though...).

I saw part two shows: one with the blood and one with the vodoo. I'm not sure if they were new episodes or reruns.

IMO, it was wrong for the vodoo woman to let that guy go. She told him to go and explore his roots. If anything, he should have stayed so she could at least try to explain the history and her experiences. Instead of trying to help him, she dismissed him. Boo!

Yeah, I saw that contest! They will also makeover one room to fit one of the alt's I dunno about the casket closing, I thought it was hilarious. I think if Don heard him actually freaking out, he would have let him out but he was just kinda like, "The casket's not working. It's not opening." And Don's just like, "Hmm.. that's weird. Try again." XD XD

Oh, I agree with that Eldee, who better to teach him than her? But in the end, the blame goes to that dude who broke the tie. Thinking with his *woo woo* than his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    IMO, it was wrong for the vodoo woman to let that guy go. She told him to go and explore his roots. If anything, he should have stayed so she could at least try to explain the history and her experiences. Instead of trying to help him, she dismissed him. Boo!
    I think she dismissed him because he was so disrespectful of her & her beliefs. I agree that she could have taught him the history; but you could tell from his attitude that he would still have mocked her.
    Since he did not seem 'open' to new ideas, she felt he deserved to go.

I never figured out why the other girl was given the 2 necklaces; does any one know the reason?

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Well, I caught this show on a replay over the weekend and I can only comment that I now know where Miss Cleo went! Bwahahaha... I swear that was her doing the voodoo hoodoo for the equally odd HG's!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Wow. I haven't caught a single episode of this yet!! I was looking forward to it so bad! Thanks for everyone with the posts, it helps keep me up to date.

Glad it's something that everyone is liking, we need more GOOD reality.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread