+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Mad House on Sci-fi channel

It's a Pretty good show. I kinda missed the first half......
    I may tune in for next weeks show. Theres a few ppl that I think gotta go and I am taking a fond liking to "Don".......Dunno why....

Great show, saw it last night while I was back and forth to Apprentice. Having some of the people sleep in the same room with the hosts is a great idea. I can see some drama ensuing with several people. Can't wait till next show.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I kinda liked it too. One contestant had told another that he thinks the hosts are "well payed actors", maybe.
    May The Best Times You've Ever Had Be The Worst You Will Ever See

I admired the guy who was chosen to share a room w/ Don. He actually got in the coffin & let him close the lid on him. That creeped me out, I don't know that I could do that! It was a really different show.

Mad Mad House: Best...Reality...Show...Ever!

I love all the "Alts." They seem like reasonable, real people who I might enjoy talking to/hanging out with. I love Avocado (the Naturist) the most. I was expecting to be more of an Art (Modern Primitive) fan, but Avocado has such a neat personality. I took him for my avatar picture. I really loved that he took the time to counsel his roommate after she was emotionally hurt by the first competition.

The conservative guests are great, what a great casting job. Of course any of us who would be "cool" with the hosts would make terrible TV, they need all the Christians, Catholic school girls, and homophones they can find.

I wonder if the tall young guy who won the first competition and had the opportunity to sit in on the deliberation process will take any of it to heart. The hosts were all very clear in saying what they expected from the guests and how it would affect their chances of staying in the house. He looked like he was falling asleep during the meeting. Of course, it ended at the stroke of midnight, so maybe he was just unbelievably tired after a long first day in the house.

And I can't believe he stabbed his guy friend in the back over a girl at elimination time. Hopefully it comes back to haunt him.

My very favorite moment was in the "scenes from next week" where one guy was coming down the stairs and very visibly physically cringing and protecting himself psychologically against the "threat" of a naked man passing walking up the stairs. I found it hilarious that he mentally can't perceive that there is no threat, and emotionally can't control himself from cringing and hiding himself! People are so funny when it comes to taboos and squick responses, all a result of cultural conditioning, of course.

More Mad Mad House, please!

-Schwartz

Was it the same guy who was afraid to go outside on the patio because the alt was out there naked in the lounger? I thought that was pretty odd that he didn't want to be "alone outside" while the alt was there. He could have eaten his lunch inside if it really bothered him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    It's a Pretty good show. I kinda missed the first half......
    I may tune in for next weeks show. Theres a few ppl that I think gotta go and I am taking a fond liking to "Don".......Dunno why....
    Nice avatar! I think I've become smitten with Vampire boy. This is a great show! Far more entertaining so far than Forever Eden.

For my fellow Canadians - it's on the Space channel, Thurs. 9:00.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat
    Was it the same guy who was afraid to go outside on the patio because the alt was out there naked in the lounger? I thought that was pretty odd that he didn't want to be "alone outside" while the alt was there. He could have eaten his lunch inside if it really bothered him that much.
    You know, I don't really know. I have a bit of trouble telling the mundanes apart (art imitates life!). But I thought it was one of the younger guys, not the self-described "good ol' boy" with the high & tight jarhead haircut.

Hey, how many perjorative adjectives describing 1 person can I fit in one short post? Just let me try.

-Schwartz

FORT Fan
    Great great show. It also shows at 6:00pm if you're having trouble watching it at 9:00pm. At least it showed at 6 when I watched the first episode.. hmm..
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Nice avatar! I think I've become smitten with Vampire boy.
    Mmmmm thaaanks! I had to say temporarily bye to my fab five boyz.

+ Reply to Thread