+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Airline

Is it just me or is this show becoming same old....same old....

Women looses here luggage and complains.........large man complains about having to buy two seats...........man is too drunk to go on the plane..........Woman misses her plain.

This again could just be me. Even though I still enjoy the show, its becoming a little repetative.

I wanna see more weird stories ... my dad is now a screener, and the stories he comes home with about doofuses and what they think they can get by with ! I'd love to see a segment on THAT part of airport life.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Southwest seems more somber now that chain-smoking, hard-drinking CEO Herb Kelleher retired. They used to serve peanuts called "Frills" so no one could claim they were a no-frills airline. I flew once and the flight attendant instructed passengers to "pull your seat belt tightly over your mouth."
    Then there was the famous rivalry with Northwest Airlines, which bragged that was better than Southwest. Kelleher took out an ad that said: ''After lengthy deliberation at the highest executive levels, and extensive consultation with our legal department, we have arrived at an official corporate response to Northwest Airlines' claim to be number one in customer satisfaction. 'Liar, liar. Pants on fire.' ''
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I fly. When I do, I always have a drink before flying...sometimes I'll have a buzz going on, but I'm not RIPPED!

Airports are fun, imo. Well...when I'm not running to catch my flight that is.
    Hehehe. Good times. Yeah, I think so too. Now that I'm over my fear, plane trips ARE fun. (Well I could argue about the "fun" of navigating the Atlanta airport sometimes.... ) I seem to have a knack for ending up beside someone in the bar and/or plane that is totally bombed and really having a good time. In fact last time I flew there was this lady beside me on the flight home from San Jose that had actually brought HER OWN fifth of vodka onboard and was just sitting there drinking. I asked her if she was afraid of flying. "NOPE!"

Sorry if my post sounded at all condescending or anything by the way. I sure didn't mean to be.

Premium Member
    So umm is anyone still watching this? Last night's episode had some golden moments. I never thought I'd say a guy cry over finding out that Eminem wasn't in the airport. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    So umm is anyone still watching this? Last night's episode had some golden moments. I never thought I'd say a guy cry over finding out that Eminem wasn't in the airport. :phhht
    I watched! You just knew by how adamant he was that he trusted his source and that he "felt" that Eminem was there that he was going to be let down. I was afraid he and one of his buddies were going to start bawling.

I admit to being really perplexed by the woman who was trying to shove her mother-in-law on a plane when she'd just been released from the hospital against medical advice with oxygen (and carrying a stack of takeout platters, apparently). What was the urgency of this Las Vegas trip that she couldn't even wait for the doctor to properly release the old woman (who had quite a foul mouth on her)?

The dad with the cadet was funny, because if that had to happen in my family, it'd be my mother who'd have been going on and on and getting obnoxious and me trying to drag her away from the counter. I don't know why seemingly bright adults can't seem to grasp the concept of, "you lose your ticket, you have to buy another one," especially post-9/11.

I still enjoy watching the show, I guess I'm just sort of half-witted - the situations may get similar, but the people and their reactions are all different, so it keeps me entertained.

Isn't there a UK version coming on tonight?

I was watching some of it.
    A lady and this guy were goin at it because the guy was accused of cutting in line blah blah blah..... kinda funny but I lost intrest beacuse I HATE to experience that if I do happen to be in one of their shoes at the terminal when travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    I was watching some of it.
    A lady and this guy were goin at it because the guy was accused of cutting in line blah blah blah..... kinda funny but I lost intrest beacuse I HATE to experience that if I do happen to be in one of their shoes at the terminal when travelling.
    Maybe I don't have a problem watching it because I never fly and if I did, it'd be out of the rinky dink Dane County Regional airport in Madison, which holds about 200 people (I'm only slightly exaggerating).

Yep, there's supposed to be a UK version of Airline on tonight - I didn't see the clips, but during the credits, I could hear a woman with an English accent yelling at someone.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I admit to being really perplexed by the woman who was trying to shove her mother-in-law on a plane when she'd just been released from the hospital against medical advice with oxygen (and carrying a stack of takeout platters, apparently). What was the urgency of this Las Vegas trip that she couldn't even wait for the doctor to properly release the old woman (who had quite a foul mouth on her)?
    I know! What in the world...
    When I was watching that segment I was also doing some schoolwork and had looked away. I looked back at the screen when I heard a string of curses/nastiness... Couldn't believe it was the old lady talking.

+ Reply to Thread