+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Airline

I've always held the impression that Southwest was the "cheap" airline. I've never flown SW, but I've started watching this show, and it really makes SW look "cheap."

I'm actually trying to get a job in the airline industry, but not at Southwest
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    This is not meant to offend anyone by any means, but when looking at the show it makes Southwest Airlines look like the airline for lowlifes.
    I totally agree! Almost every passenger is wasted, and if they're not...they're just angry.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

If anything this show makes me want to fly southwest more. People that work there are real people who really do their best for their customers. I loved the way they sent off the retired pilot. So nice to see that it is a family. And the one supervisor who was on after the backout... WOW! I KNOW I would not be that patient. I would have been screaming at people, but there she was calming down her staff and saying " they are tired, they have been in the airport for 25 hours" like almost saying they have a right to treat the staff like crap but you are getting paid to take it! And the luggage people!!! I just could never do that job. I can not believe how rude people can be. I hope the people are embarassed when they watch themselves back on TV. They should be.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

Premium Member
    I'm loving this show. Didn't know there were other FORTers watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    She was a riot to watch! Such a mess.
    Guess I just never really realized how many drunks were trying to get on planes.
    Well I don't know how often you fly, but take a look around the bars around the airport next time you fly. They generally stay PACKED in most airports. Every airport I've been through except Reagan National had mucho bars.

After seeing this show, I'm surprised I've never been refused admittance to a plane. Um...I used to be REALLY REALLY afraid of flying and I had to fly sometimes. Well um...let's say that I used some "liquid courage" and leave it at that.

Unfortunately, I think that if they showed mainly we average joes/janes", it would be a very boring show. The drunks/anger management failures/psychos are what we tune in to see every week.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

This show completely cracks me up - the nutty passengers are funny enough, but it's the employees that are the stars here. I love watching them deal with the screamers, drunks, jerks and casting for the holiday pageant, then turn to the cameras and tell us what they really think. If anything, I'd be way more likely to fly Southwest now than before.

Some of these poor employees deserve commendations for the crap they're putting up with. No matter how mad or upset I've ever been, I would never, ever talk to anyone the way these folks get treated (and I know it's just a small portion of their day that they're dealing with these kinds of people). I would hope that seeing their stupid behavior on television might clue them in to the old adage about getting more with honey than vinegar, but I sort of doubt it.

(I seriously wanted to reach through the screen and smack that woman who was 20 minutes early for her flight - along with her wrapped gifts that security doesn't allow, eating up that 20 minutes for her stupidity. When she got rebooked and kept repeating, "whatever," in that dismissive monotone, I had to sit on my hands)

I just watched the one with the blackout. I would get SO mad if I worked there. It's not my fault the power went out! Geez...
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Premium Member
    So I watched a tape of some shows I'd recorded last night and I caught the episode of Airline where the girl's wedding gown got ruined. I think this is the first one I've seen where I could understand how upset the person was. Poor girl.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    I'm loving this show. Didn't know there were other FORTers watching!
    Well I don't know how often you fly, but take a look around the bars around the airport next time you fly. They generally stay PACKED in most airports. Every airport I've been through except Reagan National had mucho bars.

After seeing this show, I'm surprised I've never been refused admittance to a plane. Um...I used to be REALLY REALLY afraid of flying and I had to fly sometimes. Well um...let's say that I used some "liquid courage" and leave it at that.
    I fly. When I do, I always have a drink before flying...sometimes I'll have a buzz going on, but I'm not RIPPED! Alot of these people that they're showing are beyond drunk, as if they're at home.
    Yes..the bars are always jam packed, and I'm one of'm! Last time I flew, an older woman (80's) was drinking bourbon on the rocks. She was funny to talk to..tons of jokes and interesting stories. She drank like a fish though! One after another.. and then when it was time for her to go get in line..she took her cup and put it in her purse! She did stumble a bit, but I'm sure they wouldn't expect an older woman like her to be all liquored up. Also..why check her purse?

Airports are fun, imo. Well...when I'm not running to catch my flight that is.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I am really enjoying watching Airline. I actually stopped watching
    the Restaurant for this show as Rocco and his annoying pasty pastry face gets old after awhile.

I can not believe how so many people get to the airport 20 minutes before their flight and then have the audacity to complain when they can not board. Especially the lowlife lady in red tonight. Hey lady, are you SURPRISED???!! How about showing up on TIME, next time!

And then, what about that guy who was trying to con his way onto a flight. GEEZ! Da nerve! :rolleyes

Its amazing to watch these people. Recently, I went to India...an 18 hour flight one way and experienced none of these behaviors from fellow passengers (well, there was that one guy who was a little drunk and annoying. Thought he was going to be a problem but I ignored him until he GOT the POINT)! :nono

+ Reply to Thread