+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Airline

I saw the 2 premier episodes with an open mind and ended up liking the show a lot. Most reality shows are based upon cutting other people down. Not this one. It's hilarious and shows how a company can treat their clients even when things are not going well.

I agree that it feels more like a documentary than reality TV but then again you writers at FORT cover a wide genre of so call reality shows that maybe don't exactly correspond to that either (Fear Factor, Extreme Makeover, The Restaurant, American Idol/Star Search, Celebrity Poker Showdown... )

I really enjoyed the show and hope it gets good ratings.
    Please, give the show a chance and cover it

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    It was a documentary to say the least....I learned two things....for those who are so scared of flying the can't do it sober (take the booze on the plane....) and bathe...bathe bathe....

OH and if you need to catch a plane in a hurry in this airport...your on your own

I really enjoy this show. Some of the passengers are amazing! Last night, a lady showed up 20 minutes before the flight, and by the time she got checked in, the plane had left. She said this is Southwests fault, not hers for being late. Another story was the major Northeast blackout a few months ago. The passengers felt that Southwest had to put them up in a hotel, which the airline did by the way. There is no way I would ask an airline to give me a hotel room because all the airports were closed. Some people have a lot of nerve.
    I learned another thing, if you are flying with a child under two years of age, make sure to bring a copy of the birth certificate with you. If you don't, you may end up paying for a seat for the child.
    I live in Texas, where Southwest Airlines is based, and for flights around the state, I love them! The employees really have a lot of fun working for them, and it shows in their attitudes when you talk with them.

This show is a "documentary" but the material presented is very funny and IMO should be covered on this website (not sure how it's not also a "reality" show).

That being said I watch both Average Joe 2 and Airline (both come on at the same time, but I have a duel tuner DVR). There really is no comparison. Airline blows AJ2 away. It's very original, and it's great seeing pissed off passengers (most clueless). AJ2 is the same crap, just repackaged (and the original crap really wasn't that great). I watch AJ2 just because I watch nearly every reality show. However, if I had to choose it would be Airline all the way.

Did anyone watch last night??

I was so impressed with how the matter of the man with Alzheimer's who defecated on himself was handled. Mark the Supervisor deserves a big ass (no pun intended) raise. He definitely went above and beyone the call of duty (pun intended, sorry).

Also, I loved watching the guy get busted for trying to use an expired ticket. You just know he's been doing it for years.

And what about the people in lost luggage? "That bag is VERY expensive." "I don't wear cheap clothes." Sheesh. And the idiot who claimed that a tiny slit in his bag had "ruined" it and expected to be compensated. If people would bother to read the back of their tickets they would know the airline's policy on lost or damaged luggage. If your stuff is that expensive first of all, why are you flying a discount airline? And second, why not pop the $10 for travel insurance that would cover these issues. Morons.

Reality TV Show 'Airline' May Head to New Season
    Mon Jan 26, 4:06 PM ET
    By Jon Herskovitz

DALLAS (Reuters) - The reality TV series featuring drunk passengers, dancing gate agents and people too large to squeeze between the armrests on an economy seat may be heading for another season on the air.

Cable TV's A&E Network is in talks with Southwest Airlines to shoot another season of the series called "Airline," which features the exploits of the low-fare carrier, the two sides said on Monday. Both said nothing has been finalized.

The initial run of 18, half-hour episodes started airing earlier in January.

It appears a diet of episodes showing the proper policy to handle a male passenger who wants to board a flight wearing a kilt with nothing underneath, planeloads of people stranded at airports, as well as in-flight sing alongs with flight attendants, has proven popular with viewers.

"We are very pleased with the results of the show so far," said Gina Nocero, a spokeswoman for A&E Network. A spokeswoman for Southwest said the show gives a good perspective of what airline employees must deal with on a daily basis.

The series is based on a British TV show of the same name that pulled in solid ratings during its six-year run on the ITV Network. A&E said they have been pleased with the ratings for the U.S. version.

Unlike some reality shows that highlight strange eating exploits and pushing the envelope on travel, Southwest passengers munch on peanuts and fly on an airline that bills its no-frills approach as one of its main selling points.

In recent months, Southwest has become the leading domestic carrier in the United States in terms of the number of passengers it flies. It is also the only major U.S. airline that has remained profitable since the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My gf and I are finding ourselves watching the repeated episodes. We are actually loving the show.

It's that we were both (one point) wanting to work for the airport/airline(s). Last night we laughed about it... after watching the people, HELLLLLLlllllllllllllllllllll no!! Where we're at now is bad enough.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think anyone who's worked in any customer service driven environment has to get a little kick out of watching a show that emphasizes how ridiculous some requests really are...and these Southwest employees are so patient!

The sequel should be "Bookstore"--as unexciting as it sounds, the craziness is oddly similar!

I saw one episode and part of another. It was a surprise to me that I liked it. I might catch it again. There's only so much TV you can watch.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    The sequel should be "Bookstore"--as unexciting as it sounds, the craziness is oddly similar!
    Exactly! Same with a bank. If there was a show called "Bank" and it highlighted what I go through, I bet ALOT of people would stop being such arrogant a**holes to deal with. But, sadly...maybe not.
    Last edited by John; 02-03-2004 at 05:18 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread