+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hooked Up" to hit Canadian TV on 02/17

"Hooked Up" to hit Canadian TV on 02/17

An air date has been set for Hooked Up, a new reality show that was filmed in August in Alberta.

The show, which features 20 single and sexy Canadians (including at least 10 Albertans), will start airing Feb. 17 at 10 a.m. on A-Channel (Ch. 8).

It will follow the adventures of the men and women as they experience real-life dating situations in the Canadian Rockies.

The one-hour, six-part series is produced by Calgary's Nomadic Pictures and Lone Eagle Entertainment, the company that created the show Popstars.

[IMG]images/img/hook-up225.gif[/IMG]

It's being described as "Temptation Island meets Survivor in the Canadian Rockies".

Just bumping the thread. This show debuts tonight at 10:00 pm on Toronto 1. (Channel 15 where I am.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Anyone watch it?

I did.

They brought the 20 people into a room where they took turns introducing themselves, and then sat down to a game of spin-the-bottle. The spinner of the bottle got a choice: either kiss the person the bottle pointed at, or ask them some outlandish question (which was supplied for them.) One girl who was asked for a kiss, lifted the guy's shirt and proceeded to basically lick his tattooed torso. Another girl was asked, "When was the last time you had sex?" (Bear in mind these are singles, looking for love.) Her answer was, "This morning." Same girl, different question: "Who is the least attractive girl here?" Instead of saying something like, "Oh I think all the girls here are just beautiful!", she actually pointed out one of the girls! :nono

Then they did one of those speed-dating things where you sit down with each person for 5 minutes. They had little cards to take notes on, about who they did or didn't like.

Then the women gathered in one room and discussed all the men, and had to come up with the names of two guys to send home. The men did the same for the women. Then they had the eviction ceremony where the 4 were sent packing. They kept torso-licker, but booted out Miss Honesty. The guy I was most attracted to turned out to be a jerk and he was also dismissed. Story of my life.

I'll be watching next week. Unless I forget.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I have no clue as to where to even start looking for this show. A Channel? Toronto 1? Mine as well check my local listings, it sounds intresting.

Toronto 1 is a new independant channel we just got about 6 months ago. It's on channel 15 in Toronto. I don't know if it's available in B.C. or not.

Sounds good, too bad im from the US

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I'll be watching next week. Unless I forget.
    Well, I forgot. Did anybody watch episode #2 of this trainwreck?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast