+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the EM process

FORT Newbie

Question for previous participants

Hi. Thank you for reading this. I am sorry to take up your time. I have applied and am just wondering what it actually takes to get on. I have heard that if you have any problems, such as poor credit (I am a college student - I have poor credit), that you have no shot. Also, I am male. I am just wondering, in a nutshell, what you think my actual chances are. Should I just forget about it altogether? I forgot to put my profile on the videotape, but I did a full body shot and face close-up. Is that a problem? Everything else is complete.

Also, if you do get on, do you have to go right away, or could you have it done during the summer, to get around other commitments? Thanks for all your advice. I would just love to have this, I really need it and I am a nice, normal guy. But I am just nervous that I will be let down.

FORT Newbie
    All you can do is fill out the application and send in the video. You do not get to pick when you want to have it done. If you are selected, you go when they say. If you haven't been picked, that is pretty much the end of it. I do; however, think they keep your name and application in a file. It could be many reasons you were not selected. I don't think it has to do with credit. They may feel that it would not change your looks that much, or that someone else's "story" was better than yours. I hope you do get picked at some time, it was quite an experience.
    Kenna (Oct. 23 episode)

One thing that is definitely in your favor, Want-a-makeover, is that you are a guy. EM is desperately seeking male candidates. They talked about this on the Primetime Special, about how an overwhelming majority of applicants have been women, and producers actually want more men on the show. So this gives you a better chance!

Good luck!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    What if you have school? Could you please lay out a time frame for me, like what month you applied, if you were contacted back, what month they said you would have it, what month you actually had it, and when your recovery was over? That would be helpful. It's just that if I get this, I can't just leave school, it would be nice if they let you go during the summer or something. But if I am selected, I would probably do it anyway! Thanks Kenna. Oh, and on a personal note, I am from Colorado but lived in Plainview (right near you up in Amarillo) for a while when I was going to Wayland Baptist University. Gotta say I loved your accent, your sweet nature, and your new look! And even though I am not originally from there, GO TEXAS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yonex46
    If you are selected, you go when they say.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the compliment. I actually grew up in Tulia, only 20 minutes from Plainview!I was selected for EM the end of Feb. My surgery was Feb. 28th and I came home April 6th. I was still a little swollen, but looked my best around June. My show was originally suppose to air May 7th, but ABC decided they did not like my reveal dress, so we had to re-shoot some things. I just had to take a leave of absence from school and get docked for those days I missed. I suggested waiting until summer, but they have others waiting if you don't go. The rewards were worth the time!!! When did you apply? Did you hear ANYTHING at all after you applied?
    Kenna

FORT Newbie
    I JUST applied. I sent in my application on Monday. It got there Tuesday through FedEx. It is due by Friday. So it may be awhile before I hear something, if anything.

FORT Newbie
    It was a little over a month before I had heard I made the first cut. I know ABC has picked up the show again for the spring, but don't be surprised if you don't hear anything at all. They only contact the ones that make the first cut. They have so many applicants, there is no way they are going to call everyone. They will call only the ones they want to interview in LA with producers and surgeons. Waiting is very hard!

FORT Newbie

Just also applied for em

My sister and I just applied too for a sister makeover. We sent our apps and they got there before the nov. 7th deadline. I would be interested to know if you get a call. Please post if you do and I will too.

A message for Kenna, did you have to go to LA before being chosen and by any chance do you know when the third season will begin? Were there lots of people getting makeovers while you were there getting yours?
    Thanks!
    Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by want-a-makeover
    I JUST applied. I sent in my application on Monday. It got there Tuesday through FedEx. It is due by Friday. So it may be awhile before I hear something, if anything.
    [SIZE=2]

FORT Newbie
    I haven't heard anything back yet. None of my contacts have said anything about receiving phone calls either. So whatever. I really hope I get it, but knowing my luck, I probably won't. So I'm not too worried about it. In any circumstance, because I am a collegiate athlete, and am on scholarship, if I leave during the spring semester to do this, I will be sued for breach of contract. I MUST remain in school. So even if I get it, I will have to BEG to be allowed to do it in the summer. From what I've heard, I probably won't be able to do that. It's either when they say, or never. What a shame. I'll let you know if they call me, though. :^)

FORT Newbie
    Hey, This is Kenna!
    Yes, I went to LA first to meet with the producers and doctors. I was actually suppose to have been shown in May, but we had to re-shoot some of the reveal. I sent in my application last December. I made the first cut and was flown to LA in January. I was then flown to NYC to meet with Dr. Morello the first part of Feb. I was chosen on Feb. 21st.
    Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast