+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Questions about the EM process

FORT Newbie
    I think you get disqualified if you send in more than one tape...

POD
    FORT Newbie
    you're going to end up owing about $10,000 in federal gift tax. is it really worth it to you when you add on two months of lost wages and time away from your family?

FORT Newbie

Application Process

These shows are always funny because when you are doing the application process they ask that you to be convincing and tell your story with emotion so by the time you are done with your tape you are soooo convinced yourself that you will be chosen that its like a bomb drop when you wait day to day and hear nothing. I did so good on my tape for Extreme Makeover Home Edition I convinced myself I deserve the home makeover but apparently I didnt convince the right people since its been a month now and I have heard no word I still have my fingers crossed but the hope is fading knowing that they receive 1000's of apps a day but good luck to any of you that have applied for this show.

FORT Newbie
    I do understand that the person who wrote about the tax issue seems a bit disgruntled on the process....maybe they applied and never heard back so they are now against the show...whatever the case is it makes me laugh because why are they even in the forum in the first place if they are feeling so negative...on the tax issue though I have heard that it is true that you end up paying taxes on your winnings I am now a little wary of this fact because alot of people that apply are hard enough off as it is so if it is true maybe the network pays the taxes off for the winner but I dont think it is guaranteed...

FORT Newbie
    Extreme Makeover pays for the taxes associated with the surgeries. They send participants a check in the mail following their extreme makeovers. Extreme also
    pays participants a stipend during their stay.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by okTHEN
    Extreme Makeover pays for the taxes associated with the surgeries. They send participants a check in the mail following their extreme makeovers. Extreme also
    pays participants a stipend during their stay.

Do you know that for a fact? I have heard otherwise...there are many different opinions as to what they actually do. Have you or do you know someone that has gotten a Makeover by ABC and that received a check to pay for the taxes? I am just curious because you hear so much confliciting information.

FORT Newbie

Extreme Makeover UK

I have recently been on Extreme Makeover UK. I have been reading through some of this thread which is very interesting. They are currently accepting applications for series 2 of Extreme Makeover UK and I have been talking to some people on the Living TV forum board about the application process too.

In England participants get nothing! We get all the surgery and procedures free along with accommodation and meals but apart from that we don't get anything else. Can't complain though really!

FORT Newbie
    I went to the open casting calls when they were held near my home a few months back and Sarah (the casting director) told me that if I didn't hear anything back to keep applying and not to give up. Basically, to hound them with applications. This can get expensive if you do it through the mail, but they have the online application now. I've applied twice through the mail, once through open casting calls and about 30 times through the online application and I'm coming up with new creative ways to get their attention. So just keep trying.
    Amber

I thought EM was not renewed.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I thought EM was not renewed.
    As far as I'm aware this is not true. They held open casting calls here a couple of months ago and I heard from Sara only a month (maybe two) ago and she said to keep trying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567