+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the EM process

Be Honest

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberbaby
    I am writing my application now.But have been told they wont pick me because I am not "ugly"! Do you have any advice on how to write the application or what to say or do in the video? I have alot of flaws but they are mostly all underneath my clothes! It seems they want people with facial abnormalities. Any advice will help.
    Hi, it's not about being "ugly". Just make sure to be totally honest, have someone help video tape you w/only undergarments on. This way, you can show your problem areas. Of course, no make-up on, pull your hair back. Have fun w/it & show some humor. That's what they want to see.

If & when you are picked..............

If & when you are selected, does EM contact the applicant personally or do they contact a family or friend first. From what I've seen, it's always a surprise. Just wondering......

"Pretty" people are selected also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberbaby
    I am writing my application now.But have been told they wont pick me because I am not "ugly"! Do you have any advice on how to write the application or what to say or do in the video? I have alot of flaws but they are mostly all underneath my clothes! It seems they want people with facial abnormalities. Any advice will help.
    Hi, I don't know if you have seen all the shows, but some of them, are just normal ordinary people. Sure without make-up, some of us look scary. But with a new hair-do & makeover we look like a million bucks! Many of us have body abnormalities, that we can fix. When you do your video tape,make sure you show your body parts that need help. Just keep your undergarments on . I do have a facial abnormality, and I would think they could do wonders w/me. Never know, I'm still waiting. I sent my tape in Jan. 15th. But honestly I don't think you have to be "ugly" or even have a facial abnormality. Good Luck!

FORT Newbie
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here. I have applied for an Extreme Makeover twice. Didn't get chosen the first time (obviously!), and don't know yet about the second. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I want this so desperately...

I know that if I do manage to be selected, I will have to be away from my family for up to 8 weeks. That will be hard, but I've already talked to my husband about it and we know we can handle it. And I'm pretty sure that my employer won't be a problem, because I can apply for a personal leave of absence. But what I'd like to know is, how do people pay their bills during the 8 weeks they're not getting a paycheck? My husband and I barely scrape by on BOTH our paychecks, and we don't have any savings to speak of right now. This might sound dumb, but does the show take this into consideration and help you out somehow?

Lack of income for 8 weeks is my only concern about getting an EM. I am not worried about the surgery, recovery, missing my family, or anything else, just money. Can anyone give me any input on this? Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

FORT Newbie
    I was wondering if anyone knows if EM turns people down because they have had surgeries before. I was injured in Desert Storm '91 while disarming some explosives and was badly injured. I've had over 25 surgeries just in my face but the problem is that VA doctors/Interns did all the work. They put me back together pretty well, but I could really use a REAL cosmetic surgeon. I sent in my app., so I guess we will see. Keep me in your prayers.

I figure they would just decide if they felt you were a good candidate. I have no clue if prior surgeries would mean you weren't. You definitely have a good story though... sorry if that sounds wrong, I don't mean for it to.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I figure they would just decide if they felt you were a good candidate. I have no clue if prior surgeries would mean you weren't. You definitely have a good story though... sorry if that sounds wrong, I don't mean for it to.
    Thanks Cali, It really is a great story that I know would capture the audiences attention. I didn't even get into all the details of it, like meeting my very beautiful wife before I had all my surgeries. I just hope that I hear from them. It has been 5 weeks now, so I'm sure they are getting close to at least seeing my video.

Well, I wish you the best of luck

I remember when I first heard about this show I rolled my eyes in disgust. I thought we'd be treated to a bunch of really vain men wanting pec implants and women wanting boob jobs. I am so happily suprised and thankful to be able to say I was sooooooo wrong! It's nice when a tv show can help change peoples lives in such a positive way.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    hi I sent in my application about 2 weeks ago and I really hope I get a chance at this some thing that has been a dream all my life I was born with a birth defect and I wont even let any one take pictures of me ,when I told one of my Grandkids I did this she said good maybe you will look better that hurt her friends stare at me I feel like Iam back in school. DAWN

MRSQ

Casting Call???

Quote Originally Posted by yonex46
    All you can do is fill out the application and send in the video. You do not get to pick when you want to have it done. If you are selected, you go when they say. If you haven't been picked, that is pretty much the end of it. I do; however, think they keep your name and application in a file. It could be many reasons you were not selected. I don't think it has to do with credit. They may feel that it would not change your looks that much, or that someone else's "story" was better than yours. I hope you do get picked at some time, it was quite an experience.
    Kenna (Oct. 23 episode)

K, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY DO AT THEIR CASTING CALLS. THEY ARE HAVING A CASTING CALL IN MY CITY AND WAS WONDERING WHAT I NEED TO KNOW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast