+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the EM process

Quote Originally Posted by yonex46
    I suppose it was a little over a month before I was contacted. I was contact by phone.

Hi my name is Judy can you tell me how lone it took you after they called you till the time you had your surgery?? And what you have done.
    This is my first time on for me

FORT Newbie
    Due to contract obligations, I am unable to disclose a lot of information in regards to times and the selection process. As far as my surgeries, I had: a complete facelift, upper and lower eyes, brow lift, lipo in the neck and a neck lift, laser resurfacing on entire face, and 6 upper porcelain veneers. The results were even better than I had hoped for, and better than the surgeon had predicted. But times and selections are different for everyone. Best of luck!

Contacted by phone?

I suppose it was a little over a month before I was contacted. I was contact by phone.
    Hi, I thought on EM, they surprise you by telling a friend or family member first?

Will it's been two week since my sister sent are tape in .
    We haven heard a word form anyone. But were still waiting & hoping!!

FORT Newbie
    There are many cuts before the final selection. That's all I can say.

How many weeks were you gone- away from home?

Due to contract obligations, I am unable to disclose a lot of information in regards to times and the selection process. As far as my surgeries, I had: a complete facelift, upper and lower eyes, brow lift, lipo in the neck and a neck lift, laser resurfacing on entire face, and 6 upper porcelain veneers. The results were even better than I had hoped for, and better than the surgeon had predicted. But times and selections are different for everyone. Best of luck!
    I have heard you are gone for at least 6-8 wks. Is this true for you? Does it depend on the extent of surgeries & recovery?

FORT Newbie
    Yes, I was out for 6 weeks. Others have been longer depending on their surgeries and recoveries. It is difficult to be away from friends and family, but well worth the wait!

FORT Newbie
    Were you selected for a makeover? I am a young mother of two(just had a baby in November) who needs major surgery on my belly and breasts as well as stretch mark removal. I am not comfortable in my own skin. Do you have any suggestions for my tape and application?

THank you

Hey, This is Kenna!
    Yes, I went to LA first to meet with the producers and doctors. I was actually suppose to have been shown in May, but we had to re-shoot some of the reveal. I sent in my application last December. I made the first cut and was flown to LA in January. I was then flown to NYC to meet with Dr. Morello the first part of Feb. I was chosen on Feb. 21st.
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Gerberbaby; 02-03-2004 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add a few words

FORT Newbie
    I really don't have any suggestions for the tape or the application. I would think it needs to be honest and realistic. They are receiving thousands of applications!

FORT Newbie

question for exteme makeover applicants

I am writing my application now.But have been told they wont pick me because I am not "ugly"! Do you have any advice on how to write the application or what to say or do in the video? I have alot of flaws but they are mostly all underneath my clothes! It seems they want people with facial abnormalities. Any advice will help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast