+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the EM process

FORT Newbie
    P.s. I do not know when the third season begins----probably March or April. But I do know that
    ABC picked up the show for another season.
    Kenna

FORT Newbie

about application

I wish you all the luck! You never know and you do know they are looking for men from what I have heard, so your chances are better than mine I am sure. We sent our apps in only a few days apart. My app got there Nov. 5th and with the holidays coming up, I don't really expect that they will be calling to do anything around December, but what do I know? Did you know that the application deadline has been extended to Dec. 7th? I recently checked the website and pulled up the app and found out it was extended. I have talked to Kenna (one of the candidates previously shown and she said it took a month for someone to contact her. I am sure they have so many tapes to view that it take awhile. I also spoke to someone who was called but not picked to be on the show and she said it took them about two months to call her. It would be awesome to be a candidate and have a dream come true. I wish you luck and will let you know if I hear anything. I guess if I don't hear anything in a month or two then I should stop thinking about it , but that is hard to do.
    Keep me informed too!
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by want-a-makeover
    I haven't heard anything back yet. None of my contacts have said anything about receiving phone calls either. So whatever. I really hope I get it, but knowing my luck, I probably won't. So I'm not too worried about it. In any circumstance, because I am a collegiate athlete, and am on scholarship, if I leave during the spring semester to do this, I will be sued for breach of contract. I MUST remain in school. So even if I get it, I will have to BEG to be allowed to do it in the summer. From what I've heard, I probably won't be able to do that. It's either when they say, or never. What a shame. I'll let you know if they call me, though. :^)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by yonex46
    All you can do is fill out the application and send in the video. You do not get to pick when you want to have it done. If you are selected, you go when they say. If you haven't been picked, that is pretty much the end of it. I do; however, think they keep your name and application in a file. It could be many reasons you were not selected. I don't think it has to do with credit. They may feel that it would not change your looks that much, or that someone else's "story" was better than yours. I hope you do get picked at some time, it was quite an experience.
    Kenna (Oct. 23 episode)
    Hey

I recently was approached by my plastic surgeon's office through a letter about the show. Originally I had inquired about some radical new hair restoration technique a few years ago and kept corresponding with the surgeon's office. Then about a month ago I got aletter stating that Extreme makeover had contacted their offfice to do a story on the procedure and they wanted to know if I would be willing to be on. I called the doctor's office and they said that they needed some profile pics to send to the show. A week after I had email them my pictures, I was told that I was not the only candidate from their group of patients. This contradicted the letter that I had received stating that it was a definite thing and the doctor's office would not charge me for the operations. The doctor's office then said they were waiting for a reply from the show. So now I don't know what to make of this whole thing. I was never asked to fill out an application or send in a vidoe. idid fill out an application years ago withthe office but it has been some time and I was wondering if I should send them one based on the show's criteria. I am a man obviously so I am thinking I may have better chances and my doctor's office is the only one that performs this procedure. And they did approach me first.

FORT Newbie
    I am not sure what is going on with the letters and so on. I think it is always a good idea to fill out an application if you want to be considered on the show.

Pam
    FORT Newbie

Question for those who have been chosen for Extreme Makeover

Me and my sister sent in our pictures and video for the Extreme Makeover. I have been told by many people that unless you have a big flaw (big nose, buck teeth, etc.) they won't choose you.

A question for the people that have been chosen.... Why do you think they chose you? Did they ever give you any feed back as to why you were chosen?

Anyways, hopefully I will hear something in the next few months. Happy holidays everybody! Pam

Pam, the best of luck to you and your sister. I don't usually watch the show. If you will be on, please PM me to watch it (if you happen to remember).

Some people tell FORT that they apply but not everyone tells FORT if they have been rejected and why they were told from the producers or their own assumptions. This might provide good information for future applicants.

I also applied and never heard a word. I guess my story was not sad enough even though I hate my nose.

Good luck to those who do get a response.

I would love to get on the show.

Does anybody know if they would perform a laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery as part of the makeover? Thats the main thing that I would want done.

Also some dental work, lasik eye surgery and a nose job.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Congratulations Amanda! Another fellow Arkansan. My parents live close to Heber Springs in Mt. Vernon. I live in Bryant. I checked out your site, you didn't look like you needed a make-over, but I can't wait to see what they did. I will go back and check it out after the show.

Good luck to you!

Susie

FORT Newbie

Application Question

I have almost completed my application but two of the questions are written almost exactly alike that I don't know how to answer them. Question 26 asks:
    "Why do you feel you should be chosen to receive the Extreme Makeover?"

and

Question 45 asks:

"Why should we choose you, over everyone else, to receive the Extreme Makeover?"

Can somebody tell me the difference between these two questions? I have rattled my brain for hours trying to figure this one out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast