+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)

FORT Fogey
    Wow! What a great show! I totally enjoyed it.........what an incredible makeover in 1 week! Does this mean that Ty is no longer on TS??

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    Hi,

Just finished watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and it is a very good show.

The result is much better than other home decorating shows like Trading Spaces.

They even have Ty from TS there helping out.

There should be a new forum for this great show!

I agree, this is the most moving show i have ever watched. It combines humanity and compassion with the need to have a roof over your head. I actually cried, and I wish the family a great future together. I hope it moves from pilot to a regular show.

Marco Martinez

FORT Fan
    Do you think they will have to cut lots of corners to achieve the deadline?

I know that in Trading Spaces, if there is no time, then they would just duct taped kitchen cabinets shut, and then hand the hinges to the homeowners to finish the job.

I am sure that they (TS and Extreme Makeover) may have many unfinished projects for the homeowners to take care off, like waiting for the tile grout in the master bathroom to dry.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    Do you think they will have to cut lots of corners to achieve the deadline?

I know that in Trading Spaces, if there is no time, then they would just duct taped kitchen cabinets shut, and then hand the hinges to the homeowners to finish the job.

I am sure that they (TS and Extreme Makeover) may have many unfinished projects for the homeowners to take care off, like waiting for the tile grout in the master bathroom to dry.
    Probably, thought less likely since it was done by a crew of contractors (as oppose to three people in TS and/or WYWO, etc)

As a home owner, i was concerned about the high maintenance they will now have to take over to take care of such a great BIG house.

I noticed that funding was mostly from sears, and equipment was donated by different companies. Loved the collaborative nature. Preston pissed me off, thought i am sure he had great ideas which contributed to the over all design...

Marco,

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoMartinez
    Probably, thought less likely since it was done by a crew of contractors (as oppose to three people in TS and/or WYWO, etc)

As a home owner, i was concerned about the high maintenance they will now have to take over to take care of such a great BIG house.

I noticed that funding was mostly from sears, and equipment was donated by different companies. Loved the collaborative nature. Preston pissed me off, thought i am sure he had great ideas which contributed to the over all design...

Marco,
    to the Fort, Marco

Don't worry about the maintenance of the house....it was only 500 more square feet (I think that's what they said). On a personal note, having lived in both a tiny house and a much larger home, I actually found the larger one easier to keep clean and organized. I also loved the corporate funding...excellent advertising whilst displaying some of their fabulous wares.
    Out of curiosity, I wonder how much that really cost?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I agree on the "oh my god"s', if I heard that one more time I would have screamed.
    I feel the same way too

I read somewhere that in Trading Spaces, the host (Alex and now Paige) always have to remind the homeowners before their reveals that they need to say something other than "Oh My God"s.

The host would encourage the homeowners to say specifically what they like and what they don't like.

Obviously, some people are usually so overwhelmed that they still say "Oh My God"s.

Furthermore, I once saw an episode of the Canadian version of Trading Spaces (Decorating Challenge), in which one of the homeowners said shxt, but he dragged out the word so long that the editors did not catch it and bleep it out.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    to the Fort, Marco

Don't worry about the maintenance of the house....it was only 500 more square feet (I think that's what they said). On a personal note, having lived in both a tiny house and a much larger home, I actually found the larger one easier to keep clean and organized. I also loved the corporate funding...excellent advertising whilst displaying some of their fabulous wares.
    Out of curiosity, I wonder how much that really cost?
    I don't know. I guess if you put a value on it, it would have to be retail (corporate sponsorships) i am more impressed that it got done by bringing together a variety of different sponsors.

I would put a value in it at about $500-600,000...

P.S. i think the only problem is that they went overboard on the garage...i bet they will move the TV back inside as soon as the designers are gone! :-) (and of course, soon thereafter they will remove the rest of the truck...)

The new truck was a nice bonus for the father ....

FORT Fogey
    Totally agree about the garage! 1/2 truck...gone!
    TV...moved!
    I guess they did that for the sillyness designer factor. Remember some of the "designs" that Hilde has done?
    I was so pleased about Dad getting a new truck.....I HAD been worried that they cut his up.

I thought it was a good show. Its nice to see them do the whole house and everything they do. They basically took the house back to square one. The family they did it too deffinetly seemed to deserve it with everything they went through.The 'Red or Black' thing was hilarious also the pink carpet. Good show with good ideas, Preston's an idiot and I'm done

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    The show was great and the home owners were so pleased with the end result...and a family more deserving of a bit of niceness you couldn't meet...

The home looked fantastic and the little girls room...done by Tai...those of us who knew him from TS were shocked at how wonderful the room was...

A home in a week...they worked really hard...well all but the moron with the "vision", and although they may need to make changes when the codes officer arrives...it looked fantastic...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast