+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wonder what happens after it's all over...

I wonder what happens after it's all over...

You have to wonder what effect these extreme changes have on their relationships with their spouses.

I mean seriously, your average looking loved one leaves one day and comes back as a goddess.

Scary
    My inner child is on a time out!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswing
    You have to wonder what effect these extreme changes have on their relationships with their spouses.

I mean seriously, your average looking loved one leaves one day and comes back as a goddess.

Scary
    Agreed. Would be scary, however for me it wouldn't be nearly as scary as it is now.

Can't even get undressed in front of him, if I had an extreme makeover I just might.

FORT Newbie

Just Be Glad Its Not You!!!

[QUOTE=ravenswing]You have to wonder what effect these extreme changes have on their relationships with their spouses.

Scary[/QUOTE
    SCARY IS NOT THE WORD I WOULD USE A BETTER ONE IS NIGHTMARE MY WIFE IS DOING THE SHOW RIGHT NOW (SORRY I CANT SAY HER NAME) AND MY MIND IS GOING IN CRAZY. CANT EAT, SLEEP OR CONSONTRATE. NEVER IN THE MANY YEARS THAT WE HAVE BEEN MARIED HAVE I QUESTIONED THE LOVE WE FEEL FOR EACH OTHER OR THOUGHT I WAS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH. ITS HER DREAM BUT MY NIGHTMARE I AM NOT A HAPPY MAN AT ALL. NOT KNOWING IN MY HART WHAT THE FUTURE MAY BRING AFTER THIS SHOW IS THE WOREST THING I HAVE EVER FELT. I WISH THIS HAD NEVER HAPPEND BECAUSE I AM NOT THE MAN I WAS JUST ONE MONTH AGO.

Sadinga, that's depressing to hear. I hope that when your wife returns post-surgery, it won't change how you feel about each other, and it will give her what she felt she was lacking that made her apply in the first place.

Look at it as an opportunity for both of you... You want her to be the happiest person she can be, and this experience will help her in that regard.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Sadinga, that's depressing to hear. I hope that when your wife returns post-surgery, it won't change how you feel about each other, and it will give her what she felt she was lacking that made her apply in the first place.

Look at it as an opportunity for both of you... You want her to be the happiest person she can be, and this experience will help her in that regard.

I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE TO WALK IN MY SHOES FOR A DAY TO UNDRESTAND MY FEARS. I HOPE WHEN SHE RETURNS HOME EVERYTHING WILL BE THE SAME I REALY DO. ITS JUST INSCURITES THAT I HAVE (SORRY IF I SPELLED THAT WRONG) I WOULD GUESS THAT EVERY MAN THAT HAS WENT THROUGH THIS HAS HAD SOME IF NOT ALL THE FEELING THAT I AM HAVING RIGHT NOW MABY IT WILL GET BETTER AT LEAST I HOPE IT WILL BECAUSE SHE IS MY HOLE WORLD

Sadinga, I wish both of you the best. Boy, I'd give anything to have an extreme makeover.

Like Jiffy Bear, Sadinga, I'd like to send you and your wife my very best wishes.

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel upset and insecure about your wife's makeover. It's not unnatural to feel insecure in any relationship, but given the extreme nature of your wife's makeover, I'm sure that only amplifies what would be a normal feeling to go through when a loved one goes through a major change.

If you're as open and expressive with your wife as you were in just two short posts, then I'm sure she must know that you love her deeply. Since you love your wife, try to be supportive and happy for this unique and wonderful experience. But if your feelings of insecurity persist, I think you might try talking to your wife about it. I'm sure she'll understand, and will want to set your worries to rest. I'm willing to bet that she's doing this as much for you as for herself.

Take care, Sadinga!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie

Brother to Jerry Episode 16

Hi! Couldn't resist the chance to answer the comment, since I am Jerry's brother (and had a pretty good time getting to see myself on a top-rated episode!)...I was brought to this site after googling my last name (Czerkasij...it's on the episode). Jerry, whose makeover was extremely extreme, is at great peace. Stephanie, his wife who was his wife for only five months when he left, had a time of readjusting: she married him for who he was without the nose job, hair, teeth, LASIK, etc. But you fall in love with the person inside, remember? And they are content and strong. They would have been even without the show, and that's sort of the point. If you are going to kill yourself if you don't get on the show, you are not who they want. But if you are looking for icing on the cake, it works.

It's nice to hear input from someone who has gone through this Wsevold.

Sadinga, I hope everything works out for the best. Change is always scary, but often a necessary part of life.

I'd also like to welcome both of you to the FORT!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I watch some of the shows ,but I'm not sure I would want to have someone I love to go through it.

+ Reply to Thread