+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.C.: Quebec Place 11/16/02

Sleeping with George W

D.C.: Quebec Place 11/16/02

Vern's Room

Gen's Room

Blech and blech. Vern finally screws up a room. And what's with Gen getting rid of perfectly new, perfectly good furniture to replace it with something that looked incredibly fugly and uncomfortable? I'd also KILL Vern for taking down that ceiling fan that obviously had taken forever to install. Is he channeling Laurie/Hilde or something?

Thanks for posting the pics Eden

I didn't see the reveal but I did see most of the show and Vern's room was shaping up to be more of a miss than a hit.

He's done the taupe /red combination so many times.
    This room was very "samey" to me.
    We've been here before with Vern.
    The particular red/berry shade he chose was not pleasing to me at all.

How did the homeowners feel about it?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Gen managed to make the room look cheaper than when she had started.
    They had great furniture whoich they will almost certainly put back into the room, so why did she waste money replacing it?
    She doesn't think.

I think her rooms end up looking like she's spent about $250 dollars on them. She never seems to be able to fully pull a look together imo. There are always "jarring" elements ion her rooms that just look out of place.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by fluff
    The particular red/berry shade he chose was not pleasing to me at all.

How did the homeowners feel about it?
    My pleasure on posting the pics, Fluff.

As for Vern's red bordello, um, I mean bedroom ... the female HO absolutely went bonkers over it, but the hubby had to be bleeped when he first opened his eyes. I distinctly heard him say "ridiculous" at one point. But I think that because his new bride was just so over the moon for it, he started to pretend that he liked it ... and then he had to kiss Paige Page on both cheeks (blech and double blech).

I have two rooms that just got painted "farmhouse red" in my house and I love them. However ... they are both medium to small sized rooms that are very open and neither has four walls. I also have a good amount of white trim in both, and light carpeting. Vern's room was just too much red, with too much dark brown. The mirrors and crystals looked cheap and tawdry.

I must say, however, that the one HO, Jasan, was very cute!!

I too was surprised at Gen's decision to take out that beautiful furniture they had. I mean it was brand new wasn't it and would have gone just fine with her "soup" motif.

I too thought Vern's room was just way too stimulating (aka too much red)for a bedroom.

The HO's seemed to love them though...both of them.

There were elements of them that I liked...how he opened up that dressing area with the mirrored wall (although I don't ever seem to like those mirrored tiles --what did you guys think about those?).

It would have worked better if the red was more of an accent than the primary color

I too painted a wall in my dining room a brick red color (Martha Stewart palette). It looks great esp when I light the candles in the sconces I have hangingon that wall.

I wasn't sure about Gen's window treatments...why was it covering the entire wall? I just tend to NOT like shiny fabrics on window treatments as a rule.

Back now to my bedroom room divider project that I got inspired to make from an Anthropologie store!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Gens room was a mess. Those shiny curtains- The fugly Faaabric on the back of the couch.How on earth they thought they liked it.

As for Verns Whorehouse special. He really took it to heart when she said they spent lots of time in the bedroom. I agree with hubbys take on it &*^%$.

I didn't see it cause I was watching HNIC but Vern's room looks OK to me. Gen's room looks very... Gen-y.

JR.
    The only thing I liked about Gen's room was the color of the walls, everything else...blah.

I love red, but Vern went a little overboard with it. Still, it wasn't a bad room.

Sleeping with George W
    Gen's little "inspirations" are starting to wear thin with me. I mean, SOUP???? Jeeeeze. I keep waiting for her to do a "tidy bowl blue" room based on her toilet.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes me too! What happens when she orders chili or pizza?

Ducky they replay the new show at 12 noon on Sunday , or about an hour into the second hockey game Sat night if who ever is playing is no good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast