Well, I missed this show, but here is the transcript.

LESTER HOLT'S UPDATE:
Enlisting in the armed services is more than just a career. It's a way of life. Our new soldiers have been tested physically and mentally as they learn the ropes the Army way.
Fort Jackson, South Carolina is the place they call home right now. And I had a chance to see firsthand how the Army is sharpening their skills.

Saturday morning: Bayonet training. The fine art of confronting and killing an immovable object. No points here for gentleness.
Learning to aim the pointy end of the rifle toward the target isn't
necessarily a life skill, but it will help for the day's next challenge.
It's a time-honored fixture of this and every other boot camp - the obstacle course. The sounds of fake gunfire and explosions, along with the battle cries, fill the air as the soldiers charge the course, hitting the wall, charging the enemy. The rifle is a fake, but it weighs the same as the real thing. And before long, our screaming warriors are reduced to panting G.I.s. Boot camp gives new meaning to the term eat on the run. Enjoy your lunch if
you can, because the day has only begun.

Next up: learning to become real fighting men and women.
The fight is an extension of the bayonet training. The idea is to teach the soldier how to be aggressive and also disciplined. In week three, the new soldiers are turning a critical corner. Officers say that after the third week, what we see is we see some of our leaders start to emerge.

The soldiers will soon be on their way home for a two-week holiday break. But will a few weeks of civilian life dull their edge