+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Rich Girls

Rich Girls is one of my favorite reality shows of all time. Ally and Jamie were spoiled, ignorant (so many great quotes!), and pretentious, but at the same time they were so real. I didn't feel like they were caricatures. I know some people like that in the real world, though not as wealthy.

When you grow up as they did, you're pretty much destined to turn out selfish, neurotic, and clueless. I think caring and intelligent parents with money can turn out productive children, but without really good parenting, rich kids even more likely to go astray.

I'm not surprised that Ally's in rehab. Jamie was inpatient for bulimia before the show aired. If I'm not wrong, Julia is a student at the American Ballet Academy. Michael was hilarious; I want to know what that guy is up to. (My mom thought he was gay, too. )

Im wondering if Ally and her other friend are closer as friends now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Rich Girls is one of my favorite reality shows of all time. Ally and Jamie were spoiled, ignorant (so many great quotes!), and pretentious, but at the same time they were so real. I didn't feel like they were caricatures. I know some people like that in the real world, though not as wealthy.
    I remember getting so annoyed with Jamie the episode where they were either in Nantucket or the Hamptons sitting around the table with two other friends and the girls mentioned how much they loved cargo pants. Jamie made some asinine comment along the lines of "it's funny that for us cargo pants are just fashion, but in the midwest girls need these to actually *gasp* carry things."

I wanted to smack her.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I remember getting so annoyed with Jamie the episode where they were either in Nantucket or the Hamptons sitting around the table with two other friends and the girls mentioned how much they loved cargo pants. Jamie made some asinine comment along the lines of "it's funny that for us cargo pants are just fashion, but in the midwest girls need these to actually *gasp* carry things."

I wanted to smack her.
    :rolleyes That is stupid...
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Its really funny, so rich yet they don't know a lot.

Wow - I didn't know Ally was in rehab. That's too bad, but I can't say I'm surprised. Money + little parental control = Trouble.

Jamie also irritated the heck out of me. I wouldn't have been able to stand her for more than a few minutes.

I hope Ally is doing better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789