+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rich Girls

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Ah, thanks for explaining that.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Tommy blames the "show" for his daughter winding up in rehab? Uhm, I don't think so. denial!
    Doesn't look like Tommy blamed the show.. the author of the article did.

Ally was incredibly pretentious, as if she were a 40 year old woman in an 18 year old body. Watching one of those last episodes where she sat on the phone with her father and broke down because life was just soooooo harddddd... I'm thinking rehab was in her future regardless of whether she got put on tv or not. Very sad, as she made no bones about the fact that she had been seeing a psychiatrist for some time at the tender age of 18.

Who should ever have to go through that so young?

That being said, I think I somehow managed to catch every episode. It was like watching a trainwreck waiting to happen.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree Broadway. I don't know why I continued to watch as each show was pretty much the same, Ally and Jaime don't agree on something, Jaime whines and has a breakdown, they patch things up. The London episode was embarrassing, Jaime shouldn't be allowed outside without her mother by her side.

Your description of Ally is perfect, she's one of the most pretentious people I've seen on TV. Exactly what did she do for her to be so stressed? I thought she was delusional, it seemed like she thought she was a 30 year old woman.

I have been wondering what happened to "Rich Girls". Guess there will be no more of that show? I had no idea Ally was in rehab (for what?) and Ally & Jamie no longer speak? I just couldn't help watching that show. The amount of money the Hilfiger's have is just mind blowing. Those mansions & private islands...whoaaaa. Even though Ally has all the money in the world, she clearly had problems & insecurities, just like anyone else, and she seemed as if she was lonely, even.
    I couldn't stand Jamie, and I still don't get why she & her family are rich...from what??? Her Dad looked like he was about 100 years old and her mother was a nut case. In many ways those girls are very lucky, and in many ways, they aren't.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I love Ally & Jaime and i enjoyed their show. I wish it was coming back and i had no idea ally was in rehab.

Jamie's family was rich because of her father, i think he was a lawyer of sorts, im not sure.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    It just goes to show that money doesn't buy happiness.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Of course not, just because they have money doesn't mean that they're devoid of problems like the rest of us.

I wonder if that michael guy is still with julia.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

heres some info about that show
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_cut/

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    So, was it really rehab, or are they just calling it that cause she need institutional care? Either way, I find it sad.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

this show...

i have to admit, i watched it and loved it. i loved it because it was a total trainwreck! I think Jamie's dad owned Innovation luggage and sold it for a ton of money and that's were some of their $$$ comes from. As far as Ally, if any one remembers her trip to the supermarket where she was freaking out because she couldn't figure out the "recipe" for nachos or the "pool breakdown" where she was out by the pool breaking down on the phone to her dad about how bad her life was (which someone else already mentioned, I believe) I'm not surprised she ended up in some kind of rehab!
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

+ Reply to Thread