+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episode Preview - Sarah & Liz - 11/6

Episode Preview - Sarah & Liz - 11/6

IN THE MOST CANDID AND EMOTIONAL EPISODE YET, "EXTREME MAKEOVER" EXECUTES ITS FIRST-EVER BREAST RECONSTRUCTION CASE ON A CANCER SURVIVOR AND DOCUMENTS
    -- NO HOLDS BARRED -- ANOTHER PATIENT WHO STRUGGLES WITH A TOUGH RECOVERY,
    ON ABC'S "EXTREME MAKEOVER," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6

Also Stylist Sam Saboura Gives a Mother of Four from Bakersfield, CA a "Mini-Extreme Makeover"

"Episode 207" - Follows the journeys of Sarah, a married 44-year-old nurse and mother from Portland, Oregon, and Liz, a 51-year-old legal secretary from Houston, Texas, from their "before" phases, then as they undergo their various procedures and, finally, when the end results are revealed to their families and friends, on "Extreme Makeover," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

In an episode of "firsts," Portland, Oregon resident Sarah is "Extreme Makeover's" first ever breast reconstructive case. Sarah is a breast cancer survivor who seeks a new breast two years after her mastectomy. Her story begins with her heart-wrenching application tape, in which she courageously shows "Extreme Makeover" producers her scarred left chest. Her journey is marked by daring medical procedures: Sarah's choice of not using an expander or a skin graft, but rather to receive the implant into the thin pocket of radiated skin on her left chest, is an unusual procedure that is rarely shown on television. In fact most plastic surgeons do not offer that option. Also unconventionally, two of the surgical team doctors, Dr. Garth Fisher and Dr. Harvey Zarem, operate on her simultaneously. Sarah had an endobrow lift, upper and lower eyelid lift, reconstruction of left breast (from breast cancer mastectomy), laser hair removal, removal of moles from face, photo facial, V-Beam treatment to remove scars, microdermabrasion, zoom whitening, upper and lower retainers to close rotations and fix spaces.

Sarah's "Extreme Team" included:

* Dr. Garth Fisher, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills

* Dr. Harvey A. Zarem, a prominent board-certified plastic surgeon in Santa Monica

* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. Celebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart

* Dermatologist Dr. Ava Shamban, owner and director of the Laser Institute for Dermatology in Santa Monica

* Healthy Lifestyle Transformation expert Michael George, whose celebrity clientele includes Meg Ryan, Christian Slater, Julianne Moore and Miguel Ferrer

* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as a celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the Osbournes

* Hair stylist and colorist Dwayne Ross, whose celebrity clientele includes Kathy Ireland, Rod Stewart, Jessica Simpson and Lara Flynn Boyle

* Makeup by Darcy Gilmore

* Eyebrow artist Daniel McFadden, whose celebrity clientele include Brooke Shields, Rachel Griffith and Jamie Presley

* Nutrition and diet plans provided by Nutrifit, which provides customized nutrition solutions, personalized meals, education programs and products that produce long-lasting results for health and weight management

Liz Skirving, a 51-year-old resident of Houston, Texas, hobnobs with her city's high society scene. However, she feels that her chinless face has held her back. But a routine procedure turns into an emotional roller-coaster ride for Liz, as what was supposed to be a short few weeks of recovery stretches into three months of distress. No holds barred, "Extreme Makeover" unflinchingly documents Liz's tough recovery and her conflict over her decision to go through with the operations. Will her story have a happy ending? Liz had a face and neck lift, cheek implants, upper and lower eyelid lift, chin augmentation, liposuction of abdomen and thighs, upper lip augmentation, photo facial, V-Beam laser treatment for rosacia, porcelain veneers, upper dentures, zoom whitening and Lasik eye surgery.

Liz's "Extreme Team" included:

* Dr. Malcolm Lesavoy, clinical professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UCLA

* Dentist Dr. William Dorfman, one of the pioneers of tooth whitening. elebrity clientele includes Matthew Perry, Usher, Ali Landry, Brooke Burke and Melissa Joan Hart

* Dr. Robert Maloney, considered one of the 10 best Lasik surgeons in the world, who has performed Lasik surgery on such celebrities as Cindy Crawford and Barry Manilow

* Personal trainer Michael Thurmond, who has trained Paula Abdul

* Wardrobe stylist Sam Saboura, who has served as a celebrity fashion stylist for Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sarah Jessica Parker, MTV's "Movie House" and the Osbournes

* Hair stylist Maurice Dadoun of Frederic Fekkai, whose celebrity clientele includes Kirk Douglas and Michelle Rodriguez

* Hair colorist Corinne Danchand of Frederic Fekkai, whose celebrity clientele includes Claudia Schiffer, Milla Jovovich and Kristin Scott Thomas

* Makeup artist Bruce Grayson of Solo Artists, whose celebrity clientele includes Brooke Shields, Drew Barrymore, Goldie Hawn, Laura Dern, Sharon Stone and Susan Sarandon

* Nutrition and diet plans provided by Sally Ann Catering, a gourmet custom meal plan and event production

In addition, resident style guru Sam Saboura will give one lucky chosen individual a "Mini-Extreme Makeover," and viewers will see the results in the first half-hour of the show. Sam performs a fast and furious wardrobe/hair/makeup overhaul on Anne, a 32-year-old mother of four from Bakersfield,

California, who wants to change her look from drab to glam after her 40 pound weight loss. During the "Mini-Extreme Makeover," Sam dispenses his expertise in the fields of fashion, personal style and grooming with "news you can use" to give yourself a whole new look without any plastic surgery.

"Extreme Makeover" is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain and Howard Schultz are the executive producers. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.

FORT Newbie
    Liz is a wild and crazy lady who is also the sweetest lady ever! You will love her story!!

I liked Liz. She had a nice story. The 3 dreams. I'm so proud for her on all her accomplishments.
    But it was Sarahs story that really touched me. Seems I just can't get through an episode without tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. Sarah just seemed like such a neat, strong woman. It was her husband that made me cry though. It is wonderful to see a man so devoted to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I liked Liz. She had a nice story. The 3 dreams. I'm so proud for her on all her accomplishments.
    But it was Sarahs story that really touched me. Seems I just can't get through an episode without tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. Sarah just seemed like such a neat, strong woman. It was her husband that made me cry though. It is wonderful to see a man so devoted to his wife.

I agree. Sarah's story was more than touching...I can't imagine losing a breast and still feeling like a woman. She did what she had to do to beat breast cancer and won. Now she's really modest about what she went through & how she overcame it. I think it's awesome when people are that way...she doesn't think of herself as a hero. She really is a GREAT lady!

I missed all my Thurs. nite TV. I can't wait for a recap. Darn, I was looking forward to this one...there will be reruns someday, right?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread