+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Kennedy Gould Appreciation Thread

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hey Matt!! I cried, like a baby. lol..seriously, I did. You're so sweet. Good luck in everything you decide to do...never change what your goals and heart have in store for you.

My favorite part of the show..well, ONE of my favorite parts... was when Molly and her boyfriend were having that heated argument and your back was turned..you were both dripping wet in bathsuits...
    Then you motioned for someone to bring over a robe...I coulda swore it was for yourself, but being the kind and sweet guy you are, you draped it over Molly! I thought that was one of the classiest things ever.

A million standing ovations on being a real class act.

Thanks for letting us watch, and thanks for not being upset.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    Matt's parents should be very proud of their son.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

On Hiatus
    Gosh, I hope this thread doesn't get merged. It'd be nice for Matt to have a place where comments towards him are concentrated and he doesn't have to weed through 467,698 posts to see them.

If you ever read this, Matt, as I said over in the giant thread-you're the perfect American hero...great heart, great sense of humor, great lines on the fly....and most of all, great because you aren't afraid to admit you're flawed. All great heroes have flaws. Not only was it an experience of a lifetime for you, but it was for us watching you, as well. Thanks for being such a sport and for being so fantastically human!
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    My favorite part of the show..well, ONE of my favorite parts... was when Molly and her boyfriend were having that heated argument and your back was turned..you were both dripping wet in bathsuits...
    Then you motioned for someone to bring over a robe...I coulda swore it was for yourself, but being the kind and sweet guy you are, you draped it over Molly! I thought that was one of the classiest things ever.
    Or the fact he had his back turned in the first place...trying his best to give "Molly" and "William" their privacy as a couple! Priceless!

Someone on the main thread mentioned that they've invited someone they believe is Matt's sister to the FORT. I hope one day, his sister brings him here, or Brian brings him here (I'd be shocked if Brian hasn't mentioned the show's rabid fan base here, and the fact we're all Matt-Crazy). I think he'd be a little shy about it...he's the first one to tell you he's not "that great guy they say I am".

So, I'll "talk" to him here, figuring he'll probably see this some day.

--------

OK, Matt...you don't walk on water. You've slacked off for a while, at your own admission. (Been there, done that...) You're a bit, well, frisky...but that's excusable on a reality show with four good looking women around you for 10 days.

But you have a heart as big as Pittsburgh...you're witty, and you're REAL. In the entire time we've had "reality TV", you are the most real "contestant" ever...on a show that turned out to be "fake". What's that say about our world, and TV?

Don't get TOO caught up in some of the crap the TV folks may try to sell you. Be careful. Get good representation, and don't forget Da Burgh. Realize that despite your talents, and your heart, which won millions of us over, that nothing is guaranteed in Hollywood. A year from now, you may only be the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question or a Jeopardy question. "He was a real-life 'schmo', who didn't know he was on a fake reality show." "Who is Matt Kennedy Gould?" And that could be due to no fault of your own...cause TV executives are sometimes not the brightest folks in the world, and may misplace your talents.

But it's probably just as likely you'll catch on...and charm millions more. Just keep your feet on the ground...unless you're making leap for the ball on the basketball court.

And just as importantly...BE YOURSELF. That's the key to your world.

My sincere best wishes to you, Matt.

- a fan
    "It's not the bee costume that will define your career, it's how you WEAR the bee costume that will define your career." -- Matt Kennedy Gould, "The Joe Schmo Show"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12