+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TS - British Invasion

BTW, Fluff, you saw where the current season of CR that is now being shown on BBC America will be Carole's last, right?

What????!!!!!
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yep...the current "season" (which is only 6 episodes, right?) has been advertised as Carole's last. But, they've already announced who will be her replacement...*smirk*...Laurence!

I don't know if you get BBCA where you are, but the new episodes are being shown on Tuesday nights at 7:00pm my time (9:00pm EST). Since Laurence is gonna be the new host, I'm guessing that's why they had a new designer on last night's show (and I can't remember his name)...to be brought in as Laurence's replacement...

Although I think Carole is one of the best hosts around, I think it will be a blast to see Laurence to host it. Besides, this way the home owners have less to fear when it comes to outrageous designs. I can't wait for what he does in United States, people might have hard time embracing his wilder designs
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I agree, Tirlittan. Laurence over here in the US could make some of Hildeous' creations look almost Amish!

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Wish I got BBC America.....dont have the same access to cable some folks do......I hear alot of good things about changing rooms....just never seen it....
    , museumguy.

Perhaps one of our friends in Canada will write some episode caps of some of the BBC versions of reality shows. Changing rooms... What not to wear...

Please help to enlighten us poor Americans.
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/home...factsheets.jsp
    That is to Changing Rooms website, the factsheet page, they also have before and after pictures somewhere there from most of the episodes aired so far. I always check Graham Wynne's rooms. They have his Egyptian room there (on factsheet), it was amazing how he made it all turn out so good from what he had to begin it.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Thank you for the link to BBC America...I love to look at the before and after pictures of these rooms and I do agree that the Egyptain room is fantastic...but I do have a question...I read on the info there that the designers are limited to $800 which would be about 500 pounds...the reproduction Egyptain artifacts.. cost about $250 each in catalogs in America...even at cost...the room looked like it would cost more then 800....did they explain where he got the Egyptain things....I am just curious about that....I love the room...and several others....

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    That is to Changing Rooms website, the factsheet page, they also have before and after pictures somewhere there from most of the episodes aired so far. I always check Graham Wynne's rooms. They have his Egyptian room there (on factsheet), it was amazing how he made it all turn out so good from what he had to begin it.
    Wow! thanks Tirlittan! More designers like Vern out there!!!
    My friends in Europe are always making me envious over the level of design that you can get in Europe in the corner stores that is so lacking in the US. They say that it's because European's have more appreciation for good design. Don't know if I would go that far but the Changing Rooms web-site would support that theory. (even if they are an English Channel removed)
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I nearly always love Graham's rooms.
    He often runs into problems and is rarely within budget, but imo, he is the most talented of the designers on CR.
    No one, with the exception of Vern, comes even close to him from TS either imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast