+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Designer's Challenge

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar

Designer's Challenge

I really liked this show and wondered if others watching it felt the same way. In general, it works pretty much the same way it would in real life...Three designers pitch different plans for the room...usually picked for some sort of unique "challenge"...In one it was a huge Tv the home owners wanted to keep. In another it was high wooden ceiling beams.....the home owner sets a budget and we see the before and after and three ideas....

I liked the results...and the designers are both top rate and professional...and some of the rooms are just wow.....

Only down side I have with this show is on occassion the home owners ask the designers to do something which I wouldnt do....Like paint natural wood beams in an arts and craft home but the overall look of all the design efforts...even where handicapped like the three were in that home...have been wonderful...

Anyone else have thoughts about this show....?

I've seen it a couple of times.
    While I didn't really like the finished rooms that I saw and would have chosen different designs to suit my own personal taste, I did like the format of the show.
    It's insteresting to see how different designers interpret the Home Owner's wishes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I watch it from time to time, and I agree with Fluff. I may not always like the end product, but it is interesting to see what the different designers focus on given the same room.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I agree seeing three visions of the same room and three different solutions to the same problem are the most unique and best parts.

I watch this show fairly often. I like the concept and think most of the rooms end up looking very nice and professionally done. Though I agree, not always done in my taste. I think the show has a lot more to it that ends up on the editing room floor. There may be disagreements on design issues between the homeowners and the designer. But the show isn't long enough to allow for that to be shown. I just hope that the finished product that we are shown, is the homeowner choice even if it does go against what I might consider basic design principals.

This show, is probably my favorite home improvement show as I believe the end results are probably some of the best. In addition I like the whole idea of seeing three different ideas.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I like it. I think it's sometimes funny how one of the rejected designers ideas miraculously winds of in the room. Do you think that they might have to pay a fee for that? I mean, the designer is going to see that they stole his/her idea.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I always wondered about that. I am sure when they see the 3 different designs, there are probably things in all 3 that they like and would like to incorporate into the room. Anyone know?

FORT Fan
    I've always wondered what kind of remuneration the homeowner gets for being on the show? I wonder if the show pays for the actual renovation or if, when they say, the homeowner is working on a 25,000 (example) budget the homeowner really does have to pay it....Maybe the show only pays the interior designers fee?????? Anyone have any thoughts?

This show and Divine Design are my two favorite decorating-type shows. I also love seeing the different ideas the three designers come up with......and sometimes I am shocked by the amount of money some people spend on remodeling/redecorating. Sometimes Chris will say, "they've set aside $25,000 for the job", and then after a commercial, he'll add, "they've increased their budget to $35,000....". Wow, I'm assuming these folks are taking out loans for these changes?!? Yikes. I'm too much of a worry-wart, one of those better-save-it-for-a-rainy-day kind of persons. I'd be panicked assuming that kind of debt. But I love seeing what others get for that kind of money. Some of them are just beautiful.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast