About the show
Home improvement gets competitive when TBS Superstation pits three teams of amateur home remodelers against each other in the new reality series House Rules
, presented by Lowe's. The series, which will result in one team winning the home they've renovated, is hosted by Mark L. Walberg (Temptation Island
) and is set to premiere Friday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c, exclusively on TBS Superstation.
The three teams chosen for the inaugural edition of House Rules
are the Red Team: Katie & Adam, newlyweds who will spend their honeymoon competing on the show; the Blue Team: Cindy & Bill, who have been married for 11 years; and the Silver Team: Rebecca & Joseph, who have been in a long-distance relationship for nearly a year.
Each week, the teams must compete to win their share of a remodeling allowance to be used to pay for the renovations. Once a week, they will also have an opportunity to spy on each other's progress as they each host weekly dinner parties for their opponents on a rotating basis.
TBS Superstation viewers also have a chance to get in on the action. At the end of the 12-week competition, it will be up to viewers to select the winning team by voting. The team with the most votes will actually win the deed to their newly remodeled home.
The Rules of House Rules
• Each team will renovate one home, starting on a new room each week.
• Each team will put their lives on hold for the 12 weeks of the competition. This means they must take a leave of absence from their jobs, as well as move into the house they are renovating.
• Weekly allowances will be given to each team, but they must compete in theme games to determine which team gets the largest allowance. Each week's allowance can only be spent for that week's room. It cannot be spent on another room or banked for use later.
• Contestants must do all work themselves, with a few exceptions for major installations, which will be handled by Lowe's.
• Teams cannot call friends to help them on larger projects. They can only ask for help from their competitors.
• All materials must come from Lowe's.
• Major tools must be shared among the teams.
• A panel of judges will view each team's work for the week. The team whose project is chosen as the week's best will win a special prize.
• At the end of the 12 weeks, TBS Superstation viewers will determine which team will actually win the house they've renovated.
• The winning team will be announced live on TBS Superstation on Friday, Dec. 19.