+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

House Rules on TBS

This show premiered on TBS Friday, 10/10. It was briefly mentioned in the House Wars thread, so I thought I would give the show its own thread since I thought it was a fun show. I think Mark Walberg (of Temptation Island fame) is a pretty good host. And I have already picked out my favorite couple. The interesting part of this show is that we get to see each couple redo rooms in the houses each week, but will also get to see how they work together as a team. I like how the show will end, too...the viewers get to choose which couple they think did the best job with remodelling their respective houses - or which couple you like the best I hope there are other people out there that caught this show!

Below is the synopsis of the show on TBS' website for those of you who missed the premiere. http://tbssuperstation.com/series/ho...es/0,,,00.html

About the show

Home improvement gets competitive when TBS Superstation pits three teams of amateur home remodelers against each other in the new reality series House Rules, presented by Lowe's. The series, which will result in one team winning the home they've renovated, is hosted by Mark L. Walberg (Temptation Island) and is set to premiere Friday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c, exclusively on TBS Superstation.

The three teams chosen for the inaugural edition of House Rules are the Red Team: Katie & Adam, newlyweds who will spend their honeymoon competing on the show; the Blue Team: Cindy & Bill, who have been married for 11 years; and the Silver Team: Rebecca & Joseph, who have been in a long-distance relationship for nearly a year.

Each week, the teams must compete to win their share of a remodeling allowance to be used to pay for the renovations. Once a week, they will also have an opportunity to spy on each other's progress as they each host weekly dinner parties for their opponents on a rotating basis.

TBS Superstation viewers also have a chance to get in on the action. At the end of the 12-week competition, it will be up to viewers to select the winning team by voting. The team with the most votes will actually win the deed to their newly remodeled home.

The Rules of House Rules:

Each team will renovate one home, starting on a new room each week.

Each team will put their lives on hold for the 12 weeks of the competition. This means they must take a leave of absence from their jobs, as well as move into the house they are renovating.

Weekly allowances will be given to each team, but they must compete in theme games to determine which team gets the largest allowance. Each week's allowance can only be spent for that week's room. It cannot be spent on another room or banked for use later.

Contestants must do all work themselves, with a few exceptions for major installations, which will be handled by Lowe's.

Teams cannot call friends to help them on larger projects. They can only ask for help from their competitors.

All materials must come from Lowe's.

Major tools must be shared among the teams.

A panel of judges will view each team's work for the week. The team whose project is chosen as the week's best will win a special prize.

At the end of the 12 weeks, TBS Superstation viewers will determine which team will actually win the house they've renovated.

The winning team will be announced live on TBS Superstation on Friday, Dec. 19.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I caught this show and am interested in watching it too. this is going to be fun, got an older couple been married 11 years versus a just married/young (24 y.o.) couple and a couple that just got together after not seeing each other for 3 years and are living together for the first time (these two have never seen each other for more that 30 minutes before this).

Now I don't know IF any of you have ever tried to redo anything in a house on a major effort or even tried to move a house with your wife, but I for one could never do it cause she would make me a eunick by the end of the first week, if I haven't divourced her before then. there are going to be tears aplenty and silence galour as they get into this and the guys start to get an attitude and the women start to get pissed with them.

the competition level in the younger guys is really extreme, I for one, look for break ups or alot of councelling afterwards.....

Oh yes, almost forgot the little contests they do to get money for the budgets ought to be a real ball buster for the teams and inject alot of discord amoungst the team members. Daw that the first night with the red team (24 y.o.) that lost the pick of the house contest, the guy really was sulking on that one. just a step on the path of poutsville.

BETTER THEM THAN ME!!!!!

joeguy! Nice to see that someone else is interested in this show. I like it that they have three couples that honestly want to take on this HUGE project.

Already, I like the married couple the best. But I am sure that things will change as the series progresses.

I also like that they get to do challenges each week to get their budgets for their rooms. Working with a budget is a task that takes talent and ingenuity so it will be interesting to see how the couples learn to cope.

""Once a week, they will also have an opportunity to spy on each other's progress as they each host weekly dinner parties for their opponents on a rotating basis.

• Teams cannot call friends to help them on larger projects. They can only ask for help from their competitors.

• Major tools must be shared among the teams. ""

I could see this getting nasty!!! Especially since one of the couples is much older than the other 2.

I do think the couples will bond though. I mean, they probably don't know anyone else in Katy, Texas besides their partner, and they might need to vent to someone besides Mark Walberg!

I enjoyed the first show.....ahem, yes I was home on Friday night....looking forward to next week's!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I caught this show and am interested in watching it too. this is going to be fun, got an older couple been married 11 years versus a just married/young (24 y.o.) couple and a couple that just got together after not seeing each other for 3 years and are living together for the first time (these two have never seen each other for more that 30 minutes before this).
    Joeguy--I got the impression from the show that they have been dating a while, just not living in the same state. I thought I heard them say they see each other about once a month, and have spent as much as 2 weeks together. I could just be hearing things......

This definitely will put a new stress on their relationship though! Also the newlywed couple. Spending your honeymoon in the least favorite house in sleeping bags. Now there's something to write home about.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they are allowed to contact people at home? Probably so, since there wouldn't be spoilers, since the viewers vote for the winner. And I'm rambling again.....
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I liked this show too. It is a really good idea making them redo a whole house not just a room or two. I think in the end everyone will get the house but just one couple will get the $50,000 plus a bunch of extra prizes.

Joey and Rebecca - The Silver Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Joeguy--I got the impression from the show that they have been dating a while, just not living in the same state. I thought I heard them say they see each other about once a month, and have spent as much as 2 weeks together. I could just be hearing things......

This definitely will put a new stress on their relationship though!
    Can I quote from the TBS site about Rebecca and Joey aka The Silver Team?
    http://tbssuperstation.com/Series/Ho...,11104,00.html

Interior Design or Ulterior Motives?
    Self-proclaimed perfectionists Rebecca (26) and Joseph (28) bring abundant renovation skills to House Rules. Rebecca, a commercial analyst and MBA candidate, has just completed renovating her home in Houston, while Joseph, 2nd mate on an oil tanker, is in the process of rebuilding his seaside home in North Carolina. Their long-distance relationship means that they've rarely been together more than two weeks at a time. The pressure of the competition and the presence of cameras could test their relationship in ways they can't even imagine.
    They mentioned in the intro bio that they met while in the merchant marines and have been doing the long distant thing, as mentioned above. I remember Joey mentioning specifically that he has never lived with a girlfriend before and that he is used to his solitude. They are going to be real interesting to watch!

Bill and Cindy - The Blue Team

Carpenters or Conspirators?
    The oldest and most experienced of the three teams, Cindy (37) and Bill (46) have been married for eleven years. They proved their talent for renovation when they completely renovated their home in Houston. Now they're ready to apply their skills to a new home for House Rules.
    I love these guys! They are my favs so far.

Adam and Katie - The Red Team

Decorators or Agitators?
    At 23, Katie & Adam are the youngest of the three teams on House Rules. They were married immediately before shooting began, so the newlyweds will spend their honeymoon remodeling their new home. Katie is a substitute teacher and tennis coach, while Adam is a logistical manager for a building company.
    The newleyweds. I already have a bad taste in mouth from this couple because they were saying that America is going to love them because they are young, in love and deserve to win the house so they can start a family. It is gonna take more than that darlings!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla

The newleyweds. I already have a bad taste in mouth from this couple because they were saying that America is going to love them because they are young, in love and deserve to win the house so they can start a family. It is gonna take more than that darlings!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast