+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

Overall I liked all three kitchens, except for "Greenland" in Rebecca & Joey's. I understand what they were trying to do, even they realised that it didn't look right after they put it in but couldn't change it by then. It just looked out of place.
    I liked Katy & Adam's better than Rebecca & Joey's though and thought they should have beat them in points.

The dinner was quite the event. I know everyone probably wanted the massage but come on the snide remarks and looks were not necessary.
    And what was with Rebecca commment about renting a puppy for the last week. It's not like Katy & Adam's puppy have won them any extra points.

I don't know but there is something about Joey and Rebecca I just don't care for. They seem to think they are better than everybody else and are alwys trying to blame someone/something when they don't win first place.

I agree with you march, they do act as if they are better, but Cindy and Bill are guilty of that as well (just not as bad!). I really like the work that Rebecca and Joey have been doing, but I am with karna in the Cindy and Bill department. They were my favs from the beginning and still are my favs, in both personality and what they have done so far.

PROGRAMMING NOTE

I noticed in my TVGuide that there will be two NEW episodes this week, at 8PM and 9PM EST. There were no synopsis (and of course the website has the mention of just the 8PM episode), so remember to watch or set your VCR/TiVo. Also, make sure you check your local listings because some cable/satellite systems may have TBS running on EST in different time zones.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar
    I'm frustrated by the fact that I find the couples who do the best work (Joey/Rebecca, Bill/Cindy) are hideously annoying (e.g. Joey: We're going to rent a puppy for the last episode. Bill: Katie and Adam dont work as hard as the rest of us.). Their personalities make me less likely to want to vote to give them a house. I'd like to be a fan of Katie and Adam, because at least they seem marginally likeable, but their work just isn't as good. Anyone else feel the same way?
    And that, Marjorie --- just so you will know --- and your children will someday know --- is the night the lights went out in Georgia!

Well, maybe I'm just odd, but I really like Joey and Rebecca!! Don't throw things at my head!

I think they are the least annoying of the couples. Probably helps that I'm closer in age to them than Bill and Cindy.

And ever since Adams, "We're gonna be America's Sweetheart couple" comment, I don't even consider them real people.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Well, maybe I'm just odd, but I really like Joey and Rebecca!! Don't throw things at my head!

I think they are the least annoying of the couples. Probably helps that I'm closer in age to them than Bill and Cindy.

And ever since Adams, "We're gonna be America's Sweetheart couple" comment, I don't even consider them real people.
    No, no, you're entitled to your opinion. I've just tried so hard to like Joey & Rebecca and can't. I think their designs are always right on, and they do great work. But they are so cocky (Joey: It's not braggin' if you can back it up) and complain constantly.

The America's Sweethearts comment makes me ill. Is that really true? Why oh why cant there be a loveable & talented underdog on this show?
    And that, Marjorie --- just so you will know --- and your children will someday know --- is the night the lights went out in Georgia!

Yes! Joey and Rebecca are totally cocky and that's why I don't like them. I think I like Bill and Cindy because I'm closer in age to them. Yes they've made some snide comments but at least they don't have big heads about their work.

Well, I am just so-so on Rebecca and Joey. At times I like them (like when his mom came to visit) and other times they tick me off (like the puppy comment). They do great work so it helps with my opinion of them.

Katie and Adam have grown on me. I am with Wenders, because the first time I heard them say the "America's Sweetheart" comment, I was rolling my eyes. They have made similar comments in almost every episode. And they are always whining and complaining. Suck it up kiddies, you have many years ahead of you where things aren't always going to go your way.

Cindy and Bill are just fun. Sure, they can be mean-spirited at times, but I find them a joy to watch. Especially when they are together. They have a sweet relationship and seem to work through their problems and come out champs.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Newbie

Not True

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders

Hey you guys--
    Adam did NOT say that america's sweethearts couple quote--absolutely not true.
    I have watched each episode 2 times a piece. And I remember the only time that word was mentioned was by Joey in his diary cam confessional thing. He said something to the effect of "america's sweethearts--not in my book--newlyweds, bought a puppy" blah blah blah.
    Nothing else was ever mentioned (particularly by adam or katy) about being a sweetheart of anything.
    I obviously am a big fan of theirs--mostly b/c they are the innocent underdogs--they never talk bad about the other couples, and I really think that is refreshing to watch. They work hard and have good results, even though we don't get to see much of it. The other couples are a bit too snippy for me, and rebecca and joey get on my very last nerve with their snide commments.
    Just thought I would share.

i love house rules i think it's the best show ever

Hmmmm, I specifically remember Adam talking about it. The quote was in the 1st or 2nd episode, and he was like, "maybe we'll become america's sweethearts and they'll give us this house."

Anyone else? I'm sure I didn't make it up.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread