+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: House Rules on TBS

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    I only catch this show in reruns. When is it on?

What does everyone think of the judges? The designer is just weird IMHO.
    It is on 8PM (EST and PST) on Fridays. If you have satellite, you may want to check which feed you have. I am not particularly fond of the judges, I have always thought that they were a bit harsh and playing favorites. And this week they haven't gotten better in my eyes. I wonder if the judges take the couple's budgets into consideration. This past week they were doing living rooms and like Wenders mentioned, the highest budget was around $4000. That isn't much, especially considering that Katie/Adam and Cindy/Bill's living rooms were large areas.

I liked what Rebecca and Joey did. Not sure if I agree with the judges re: the bar area being closed off and bringing the sale of the house down. I mean, all you gotta do is find a couple that DOESN'T like bar areas...I do think the judges were a bit critical with the touch-up work that didn't get done. But I can also understand that now that the couples have done quite a few rooms now, they should be able to know what they can accomplish and time manage better.

I actually felt bad for Katie and Adam this time around. Why, oh why, did they rip the carpet up when they knew the floor may or may not work to their advantage? Give me a carpet over a concrete floor anyday!! I have to admit that I wasn't really impressed with their "new" living room. I was speculating that maybe their budget was just too low for the size of their room. Even though I am still not a huge fan of this couple, it would be nice to see them win a competition, or at least get a good budget to work with!

Cindy and Bill, IMO, did the best job. Especially with the ceiling and the colums. I loved their color scheme too. I was a bit worried when Bill went the baseball game, but they worked as a team to finish the room exactly as they had planned.

On to kitchens!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    I only catch this show in reruns. When is it on?

What does everyone think of the judges? The designer is just weird IMHO.
    The judges are pretty harsh. I would have thought they'd take into consideration that these are not experienced renovators (sp). Somebody needs to take a caulking gun to that one judge.. I'm sick of listening to him.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Quote Originally Posted by bookaddict
    Somebody needs to take a caulking gun to that one judge.. I'm sick of listening to him.
    I haven't said this in a long time, but: BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA
    bookaddict!!
    Last edited by melpepinla; 11-12-2003 at 08:47 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    I haven't said this in a long time, but: BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA
    bookaddict!!

I know, but he was driving me crazy in the last show. Can't wait to see what he says about their kitchens.... That's a big job.

I haven't seen this show, but it sounds an awful lot like "House Wars" which is on the USA Network (I think). Has anyone seen both of them, and how do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I haven't seen this show, but it sounds an awful lot like "House Wars" which is on the USA Network (I think). Has anyone seen both of them, and how do they compare?
    Haven't seen House Wars lo, but I did some "research"...

House Wars is brought to you by Home Depot...House rules is brought to you by Loews

House Wars has 4 designers, 4 families (4 people per family) and 4 houses...House rules has 3 couples and 3 houses.

On House Wars, each family is given a "shell of a house" and a designer to help transform each room in the house...On House Rules, each couple competes each week for a budget to demolish a room in the house and they have to do the work all by themselves with the help of contractors on big jobs (like building codes and stuff like that).

On House Wars, teams will be eliminated along the way...On House rules, couples complete the renovation of their house and aren't eliminated.

Some similarities is that on both shows, the audience chooses who they think should win the house that was remodeled. Each team on both shows have one week to finish the room. Each show has judges...House Wars has the designers judge each family (designer assigned to family doesn't judge their family) and House Rules has three judges who are experts in design, real estate and building construction.

Hope that helps and if I missed anything for either show, hopefully someone can add something!

House Rules Scheduling For 11/14

Not sure if any of you House Rules fans are going to see this before tonight, but I just wanted to let you know that two episodes are going to be on tonight. The couples are redoing the kitchens and since it is a big job, they get two weeks to renovate, which means we get two back-to-back episodes. 8PM & 9PM and then again at 12 midnight and 1AM. Have fun!!

Thanks for the update.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    Not sure if any of you House Rules fans are going to see this before tonight, but I just wanted to let you know that two episodes are going to be on tonight. The couples are redoing the kitchens and since it is a big job, they get two weeks to renovate, which means we get two back-to-back episodes. 8PM & 9PM and then again at 12 midnight and 1AM. Have fun!!

Thank you thank you. I was going to tape it and would have missed the 2nd show.

Quote Originally Posted by bookaddict
    Thank you thank you. I was going to tape it and would have missed the 2nd show.
    I am a bit miffed. I have satellite and get the east coast feed so I set up my VCR to tape the show at 5PM my time (I am on the west coast). Now I will have to tape the second episode on its second airing and not watch both until later this weekend.

Gotta go out and invest in a Tivo I guess...

+ Reply to Thread